Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sore clutch foot. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chriz M)
    Thanks everybody! I think one problem might be the lack on anywhere to rest my foot off the clutch, (not room to the left of it, like in my parents car). I still have 1 lesson before the test so I will try sitting further back. Do you tend to use you knee or your ankle to push the clutch? Since I sit to far forward as it seems, I use my ankle more so that could be a cause, also I'm not that tall, but I doubt that matters too much!
    Yeah my car has that problem now. If you want to rest it on the floor, just remeber it's there!! haha unlike me, got my foot caught underneather the clutch! You'll get better at it. It's your whole leg to push it in but just your ankle. Keep your foot rigid and push the clutch in..should help your pain :yep:
    Just experiment with seat positions in your last lesson. I remeber moving the seat back in one lesson and it felt so weird! like when you raise a bike seat higher!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I got this too. It's not the clutch, its the fact that you keep your foot ready in "stess" mode waiting to push the clutch down again and your muscles start to hurt. What I learned to do is get your foot of the pedal and move it away COMPLETLY, you know the same way you would when your sitting in the pasenger seat.

ReputationRep:
    I have this problem, I used to limp after my driving lesson and then it ached for the rest of the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananacake14)
    Some of us aren't blessed with long legs :P
    Exactly! I have to sit quite close due to my legs :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mango24)
    Exactly! I have to sit quite close due to my legs :p:
    I have long legs, yet I love to close the seat inswards. It makes me feel so much more cosier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrvn)
    I have long legs, yet I love to close the seat inswards. It makes me feel so much more cosier.
    You will die a horrible and painful death if you're ever in a front on collision.

:awesome:

Well, maybe not, but as I said, the chances of you being badly injured or killed skyrocket if you crunch your seat up against the steering wheel.

ReputationRep:
    ^ yeah, I know but it feels nice and cosy. Plus that means I don't have to move my leg back and forth to change gears, all I need to do is put my foot down. So much more relaxing. (lol, yeah I know I'm a lazy mofo! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrvn)
    ^ yeah, I know but it feels nice and cosy. Plus that means I don't have to move my leg back and forth to change gears, all I need to do is put my foot down. So much more relaxing. (lol, yeah I know I'm a lazy mofo! )
    Cuddling your pet Grizzly Bear may well be cosy but it's just going to end in tears if you keep on tempting fate.

ReputationRep:
    I finally got a car after a year of passing my test ( vauxall carsa 2000 plate) , been driving now for 6 months and find that the outside of my left foot really aches. I think its because i kind of rest my foot on the clutch rarther than relaxing it on base of the footwell , im trying 2 get in 2 the habbit of taking it off the clutch alltogether until i need 2 use the clutch , if any one has a different opinion plz reply
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    I was told by my instructor to keep your foot off the clutch as I used to do it too

ReputationRep:
    Closed.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 16, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.