Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

think im in love witm my best friend and dont know what to do Watch

i dont know whenter to tell him, will he hate me if i do? he has a steady girlfriend and i know they will never split up but i really feel like i need to tell him......

ReputationRep:
    I cant see why anyone would hate someone for loving them, but if he has a steady girlfriend you have to stay out of it, its not fair on any of you, and puts un nessicery pressure on each relationship between the three of you. I think you need to find closure, accept its not happening, you want him to be happy and he is, and then move on.

ReputationRep:
    Go i feel exactly the same. So split and hurt at the same time. Although im the one with the boyfriend...I feel so bad, but i dont know what to do. I cant love two people at onece can i?

ReputationRep:
    Do the right thing and distance yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't tell him if I were you. Wait for a while, try to look elsewhere, it might be hard, but its possible. If it ends with his gf then talk to him more about that sort of thing and maybe tell him then, but for now try your hardst to move on. I was in the opposite position for like 7-8 years, I REALLY liked my best female friend, but I never said anything. She had a few random relationships but even when she was single I couldn't do it, and I tried to look elsewhere, in the end, about 2-3 months after I finally moved on from her, I got into a relationship that lasted over 2 years.

Good luck. A good friendship lasts a lifetime and is better than a relationship, unless it lasts a lifetime also, which, to be quite honest, is pretty unlikely, so try looking elsewhere as much as you can.

ReputationRep:
    You can't tell him, it's just not fair and probably wouldn't achieve anything positive. If you know they'll never split, it's better to just move on no matter how hard it seems.

ReputationRep:
    What's the point? Sounds like you are hoping they will split up if you tell him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.