Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feel like i can't breathe properly. watch

ReputationRep:
    I know this sounds crazy, but sometimes i feel like i can't get enough air in my lungs. I have to consciously breathe deep breaths. It's happening right now, and i have a slight pain in my back when i breathe. It doesn't happen alot, but when it does it's annoying because i feel quite panicky (well not really panicky but constricted if you get me :rolleyes: )
    It only happens for about 10 minutes, then it goes.

Anyone else have this? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I do not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Nope. I do not.
    How constructive (Y)

ReputationRep:
    This is just anxiety, i used to do this all the time, but now you know its only mental, you should be able to calm yourself down

pm me if you want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachesishere)
    How constructive (Y)
    You asked "Anyone else have this?" so I provided you with a relevant answer.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I think it's anxiety related.. my friend just got diagnosed with this panic/anxiety disorder thing which is much worse, but it's one of the symptoms for that. I get it like you do except without the pain :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleApricot)
    This is just anxiety, i used to do this all the time, but now you know its only mental, you should be able to calm yourself down

pm me if you want
    Ohh ok thanks
    It does happen someitmes when i'm stressed :/

ReputationRep:
    It sounds as though it could be a mild form of panic attack. I've had this quite often, it's usually a symptom of anxiety. Have you been feeling under pressure recently? I'd advise having a chat with your GP about it just in case.

ReputationRep:
    well i used to have it, but no back pains...just all of a sudden it's hard to breathe and all but if you get more healthier and sleep more, it will disappear.

ReputationRep:
    Asthma?

ReputationRep:
    I get this... I just generally feel it all the time though rather than for a few minutes. I think it's because i've reduced the amount of woodwind playing i do so it's resurfaced. I'm going to the doctor about it when i can get enough courage to.... i hate going to the doctor, it always feels so stupid and petty.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like an anxiety attack to me. I used to suffer from them quite badly but it's not so bad anymore.

The best thing I learnt was to distract myself from it. I used to get them alot so my friends knew about it and would sit and play with my hands so I'd concentrate on that and it would calm me down

I saw a nurse who taught me how to relax when it was happening. The doctor just told me to learn to deal with it or they'd put me on beta blockers basically!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.