Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to get perfect skin?? (Guy edition) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just to start off, i'm a boy and don't ware make-up etc.. lol.

Hi, I have a few spots which I use cream for. But I never do anything other than, wash my face with OXY anti-spot facewash, then put on my Duac cream. Or sometimes just wash my face with Oxy Facewash and then put on 'dove summer glow' moisturiser (Just bought it, its Medium to Dark).

My face isn't nice, it always looks unclean, I have an uneven skin tone. Its red in some places like under my nose and a bit on my cheeks, from the spots.

I have tried steaming my face with hot water and after about 15 minutes of steaming. I washed with my facewash and in the morning, my spots have not gone and it looks worse. (i did the steam right, it wasn't boiling hot and it made my face sweat)

I've heard about cleansing and toning and stuff and don't know what they all mean can someoen clear those up. And if I need to do them.

Any tips would be great, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of it can come down to your diet and if you're getting the correct nutrients for your skin. Have a google around for diet tips that can help your skin.

ReputationRep:
    I eat very healthy and drink nothing but filtered water. I exercise a lot aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Ejaculate. Ejaculate on your face.

:lol: Guy edition.

Toning just makes your pores close up more but you can just splash cold water on your face to close your pores.
    I've been using soap and glory facemask for a few days and it's worked on my annoying spot.
    And no it's not gay for a guy to use a face mask.

ReputationRep:
    Green tea.

ReputationRep:
    Try using shaving soap with a brush rather than shaving foam/gel. It's less greasy and causes less clogging up, with the added bonus of giving you a closer shave.

ReputationRep:
    apparently too many products can be bad for it. Maybe try just warm water then rinse with cold after for a couple of weeks, see how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Individual)
    Green tea.
    This. Works wonders!

ReputationRep:
    Clinique or dermalogica? I know it's for girls but seriously, no one cares.

ReputationRep:
    Sudocrem for spots. Apply it to spots before you go to bed (don't do it during the day as its very very noticable) and wash your face in the morning (i use loreal hyrda sensistive facewash and shaving gel and I use loreal hydra energetic moisturiser.) Try not to touch your face aswell. If you develop acne then go to your doctor and get some anti biotics (I play flanker for my uni rugby team and spots get ripped off in scrums which causes scarring so i take them as a preventative measure).

(Original post by ipulledhermione)
    Ejaculate. Ejaculate on your face.
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdalol)
    I agree
    ZOMG ASDA HOW LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY IS THAT!!!1!

yeh u shud ejaculate on yur face thats funny haha i love it so much hahaha!!

...Grow up. Please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woolcott)
    Try using shaving soap with a brush rather than shaving foam/gel. It's less greasy and causes less clogging up, with the added bonus of giving you a closer shave.
    I find that using shaving oil underneath the foam works well also.

Diet is the main one. You could also use something after you shower to replace the moisture sucked out of your skin from showering e.g. baby oil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttx)
    A lot of it can come down to your diet and if you're getting the correct nutrients for your skin. Have a google around for diet tips that can help your skin.
    not really. i have been to several dermatologists and all said diet is not like a general cure or whatever.

it depends very much on the person. for me i found that sun helps against spots, and eating no sugar, as does swimming .

but at times none of these really helped because my hormones were so bad.

ReputationRep:
    Roacuttan 50mg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    ZOMG ASDA HOW LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY IS THAT!!!1!

yeh u shud ejaculate on yur face thats funny haha i love it so much hahaha!!

...Grow up. Please.
    Ejaculate is the best form of exfoliant... If I could, I would. There is nothing funny about want lovely skin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipulledhermione)
    Ejaculate is the best form of exfoliant... If I could, I would. There is nothing funny about want lovely skin.
    I have heard that actually. I think your skin is a bit poor tbh so I'm happy to help out in anyway I can... Where do you live??

ReputationRep:
    OK, I used to have bad skin, and had to eventually go onto roaccutane (I'm expecting a few people to post now to comment on my suicide attempt etc, and the relation between this...). OK I'm going to tell you streight, ignore all of this green tea/only drink filtered water that has been blessed by a feminist nonsense. I drink what I want when I want and eat what I like, and my skin is perfect (and no it didn't cause my skin to go bad before I went on roaccutane). I'd suggest egtting down your GP surgery and asking for retin A gel, some doctors get confused whether or not they can prescribe it, GP's can prescribe retin A but not roaccutane, and they have ver similar 'active ingredients', just to let you know.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.