Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Buying clothes a size too small ... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm a size 14 and there's this leather jacket I absolutely love the look of but it's £100 and I don't want to spend that money on a piece of clothing that's a size I don't want to be much longer.

Should I buy a size 14 anyway and just buy nicer clothes when I'm a 10-12, or should I buy it in a 12 as a 'goal'? :o: I'd be really disappointed if I lost the weight but couldn't buy it anymore, or if I bought a 14 and it became too big ...

ReputationRep:
    Don't buy clothes a size smaller.

ReputationRep:
    I find that leather jackets feel nicer to wear if it is a size bigger... x

ReputationRep:
    buy a 12 and use it as a goal

ReputationRep:
    I'd say buy a 12 and use it as a goal.
    Thats what I do.
    It feels great to wear something you've wanted and feel much better about yourself too

ReputationRep:
    I say buy it in a 12, it would be a good incentive to lose weight if you want to.

ReputationRep:
    Buy 12 as a goal, it'd be a great incentive!

ReputationRep:
    I usually buy jackets in a bigger size anyway, so I can fit layers underneath and the slightly longer arms feel so snug!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.