Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Well you're not brown so should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    know the meaning of diveristy that always comes :yep:
    edit: and what qualities you have that will make you better than others

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine, just be enthusiastic (although not 'in-your-face') and don't come across as completely incompetent. You should be alright

For part time employment all they're looking for is someone who will work hard, properly, not dos about, be enthusiastic, do what they're told, be on time, learn quickly and not leave after like a month.

ReputationRep:
    If their interview process is similar to A&F (I would imagine it is), then just turn up, be pretty and you should be accepted soon after :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Well I dont know what it'll be like for your Hollister, but I had a group interview at Hollisters down where I live. It might depend on what position you have applied for. They just ask you all a few questions about why you want to work there and previous work skills you have experienced...things like that. It didn't go on for long.
    I'm sure it won't matter about your hand, its not a permanent thing even if they are a bit funny about that sort of thing =S

Just dress casually (tbh, a checked shirt isn't a bad idea lol) and be as upbeat as possible! =]

ReputationRep:
    Just be as pretty as possible... practise saying 'Welcome to the pier' in an American accent, and develop night vision.

And wear a checked shirt, they all wear the checked shirts.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    Just be as pretty as possible... practise saying 'Welcome to the pier' in an American accent, and develop night vision.

And wear a checked shirt, they all wear the checked shirts.

Good luck.
    or one better, topless like in A&F in london

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    or one better, topless like in A&F in london
    Bikini and a towel would do the trick tbh. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    erm

no it wouldn't

ReputationRep:
    erm

no it wouldn't
    Sorry, I forgot my /sarcasm tags. :yep:

In all honesty, OP, just be enthusiastic and smiley (not overly/annoyingly so). The Hollister staff are all pretty up beat and well presented, that's what they'll be looking for. Plus coming across as hard working and reliable.

ReputationRep:

seems you missed my sarcascm tags too

ReputationRep:
    erm

no it wouldn't

checkmate mother******

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarky-x)
    Hey, I've just had a phone call inviting me to an interview at Hollister next week. I've been told to dress casually with natural make up which is fine because that's my normal make up and dress style anyway. I know what I'm going to wear and what sort of style they are looking for.

However, they told me not to bring a CV, so I have no idea what to expect in the interview process. Has anyone had an interview with them before who can give me some tips and advice about their interviews.

And just because I'm paranoid about EVERYTHING will the fact I have my fingers in a splint due to a broken hand put me at a disadvantage, just thinking back to the whole thing with A&F and the girl who got forced to work in the stockroom for having a prosthetic arm. My hands pretty much healed now so taking it off for an hour or so wouldn't be a problem.

Cheers for any advice you can offer x
    Good looking in the american sense and make sure you say your into surfing and b******* like that. Hollister is ruining the world with its materialistic rubbish but at least the pay is good

How did you contact them to get the job? Apparently they only choose random people in the streets to interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    Well you're not brown so should be fine.
    THIS omg!
    i'm not normally like OMFG THATS RACIST political correctness crap but hollister are lol, i really wanted a job there as well </3

ReputationRep:
    Well played come back. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Worked at A&F for nearly a year, make sure you're open to working with everyone of different races, religions and backgrounds they sure do love diversity (due to law suits). Also be prepared to be able to withstand loud annoying music for hours on end.

ReputationRep:
    i have an interview as an instore model on tuesday, any tips??

ReputationRep:
    I was in a Hollister shop in Belfast last year and thought the pretentiousness was just hilarious. The staff were all beautiful but carefully preppy/casual, the only light in the store was from the tills (seriously HOW do they not all go blind) and even if someone refolded something to how it was there'd still be a queue of staff rushing to refold it again. Try to be immune to how pretentious it is, maybe? I'd crack up, personally. I absolutely love working in a shop where I can throw on my uniform and appear in still drunk/wildly hungover looking like a corpse with nightclub stamps all over my hands and arms and no-one says anything.

ReputationRep:
    how much is pay at hollister?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.