Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ... I'm hoping to firm Nottingham Uni very soon. My question is whether it would be a real chore to commute everyday between Leicester and Nottingham uni ? Would like to hear the experiences from any students who already do this.

..thanks all

ReputationRep:
    Commuting everyday would be a chore. Even if you drove it'd be quite expensive. Live in halls and then maybe go home every weekend if you have a job/other priorities at home. Once you get there though you may find yourself not wanting to go home every weekend.
    Do you drive?

ReputationRep:
    .. I don't drive @ the moment - still taking lessons. But that would take approx 45 mins - 1hr and no parking @ uni. I was thinking more along the lines of going by train. However at peak times this takes 50 mins from Leic station - notts station then another bus ride to uni :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I live in Leicester but have decided to stay in Nottingham. I know someone else who lives in Leicester who drives every day. If you're gonna do it you've got to have the right approach to it. He gets to Uni for 8 even if he has lectures at 10 and 11 and just does work so he misses all the traffic in the morning.

I don't think I could do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CE49)
    I live in Leicester but have decided to stay in Nottingham. I know someone else who lives in Leicester who drives every day. If you're gonna do it you've got to have the right approach to it. He gets to Uni for 8 even if he has lectures at 10 and 11 and just does work so he misses all the traffic in the morning.

I don't think I could do that.
    ........Thanks, What I might do is stay in halls in the first year, then decide in year 2 whether to commute or not.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.