Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Bit of a complicated situation but here goes..

I applied for Flexible Combined Honours at Exeter and it was one of my top choices. However, there was an issue over whether my A Level subjects (Applied Business, Economics and Psychology) were acceptable. On Exeter's website, it said that for the Business courses, only one A Level out of Business Studies and Economics would be counted. I was looking at Management and Psychology under the combined honours scheme so emailed them about it as I wasn't looking at the single honours course and am doing Applied Business and not Business Studies. I hadn't received a reply and my application had been left for as long as it could be with my school's internal deadline and due to a personal situation at home which is mentioned in my reference. Because of this, I sent my application and applied to Exeter for the above course. I then received a reply to my email from Exeter which said that they wouldn't be able to consider me with my subject combination, and as my application was still within the initial two week period, I subsituted the choice. I'm not quite sure how this happened but today I received a letter in the post that said they were making me an offer.

Obvoiusly something's gone wrong somewhere along the line with me being told that my subjects weren't acceptable when they must have been and I'm not sure what to do Gutted over what's happened as Exeter's the best uni out of the ones I applied for and it wasn't my fault that I was given the wrong information when I asked about the suitability of my subjects.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Since you substituted your course, your "offer" doesn't count. You need to decide whether you want to decline all your other choices and apply to Exeter through Extra - you'd need to discuss this with them and see if they would give you an offer if you did this. Or just forget about Exeter and concentrate on your other choices.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.