Turn on thread page Beta

My brother is mentally ill please help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Kill him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi Guys,

My brother is really crazy he is throwing things around, threatening to hurt my mum and dad and I am here in my room.

My parents told me to stay in my room which I am but he is just going to keep doing this and then saying sorry.

I am tempted to call the police and get him out of here my parent's will not do anything and my dad is already ill and so is my mum and he is making their life difficult.

I cannot stand my brother at all.

Did I start this thread!? My brother has ADHD, conduct disorder and tourettes so believe me, I know where you're coming from. On the scale from 1 to autistic... well, he's off the scale. You just gotta grin and bear it and savour the good days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No I am serious and I call him mentally ill sorry if I am exagerating but I seriously think he needs help.

He has been going crazy since forever. 2 months ago he hit me and tried to kill me and now I refuse to talk to him or help him. My father and mother are ill they are so fed up to the point that they cannot take it anymore. He is 23 and for the record and he is going mad.

I have recorded his voice during the anger just incase nobody does anything - I have all his threats recorded and I am tempted to show the doctor and the police.

I just do not know whether to do it or not as my parents are telling me to stop being silly and should stay in my room but it is a difficult because the whole family atmosphere is driving me crazy.
    In all honesty he should talk to doctors, that's not normal. However without being there it's a little hard to tell how bad it is so not sure about cops. Is he ever calm?

Ipersonally don't think that calling the police is a good idea at all. This is your brother after all, and at this particular moment, since your parents are unable to help, he needs you. I think (although I am not psychologist ) that you should either talk to him when he is calm , or you arrange a doctor appointment for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Your very own medical license :yep:
    Damn i just withdrew my med offer from Birmingham to enter this competition, and now its too late!

You, sir, have ruined my life.

ReputationRep:
    If this thread doesnt help, you could try childline or samaritans (i dunno if you're a child) but they may try and pressure you into doing what they think though. anyway hope it gets better x

ReputationRep:
    Talk to your parents about calling a doctor and if necessary having him sectioned temporarily and assessed by a mental health team. They will be best qualified to make a decision.

ReputationRep:
    just deck him

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 11, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.