I like and get on with my parents
    62.39%
    I get on with my parents but I don't like them
    5.50%
    I like my parents but I don't get on with them
    15.60%
    I do not like or get on with my parents
    4.59%
    I do not like or get on with my parents and I love them (as parents)
    8.26%
    I do not like or get on with my parents and I do not love them (as parents)
    3.67%

ReputationRep:
    like and get on with mine

ReputationRep:
    I get on great with my parents, I guess it helps that I never did the whole stereotypical 'LOL I'M AN ANGRY TEENAGER' ********.

I mean really, mine are great. They gave me a good childhood and they always favoured education over ******** censorship and that.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    My dad was one of my best friends </3

I get on with my mum ish. I couldn't live with her though, hence why I moved out. She did, and continues to try her best however, so fair play.

<3

ReputationRep:
    I get on with my parents, until they tell me something I don't want to hear, then I hate them

ReputationRep:
    My mum told me tonight(being completely serious) that I should start being nicer to the family cat because I got into university because of it. Apparantly she read it on teletext that cat owners have a higher chance of getting in to uni.

That sums up why she annoys me.

ReputationRep:
    None of the options really apply to me. I started getting on with my parents much better once I started at uni and then left home completely, but to be honest things still aren't perfect and my mum can still make me cry with some of the things she says. I'm happy to spend a few days with them on holiday, but anything more than about a week is usually a bit much now. I've always got on better with my dad than with my mum though.

ReputationRep:
    Love my mum more than anything.
    My dad's a jerk, had an affair and treated me and my mum as crap for the past two years, so you can pretty much answer this one on your own.

ReputationRep:
    Hate my parents. They have never been there for me and they have never cared. Distance yourself from your family, theyll only hurt you in the end.

ReputationRep:
    My mum's absolutely great; I get on with her, we talk about things, we don't always see eye to eye but that's interesting. She's put up with a lot, I respect her.
    My dad, however, is an ignorant, money-obsessed jerk who doesn't support anything I do and finds it impossible to talk to me, and he's put my mum through hell. Definite no on him

ReputationRep:
    I get on with my parents really well, I rarely ever argue with them. I never did the whole "omg i hate my parents" teenager stage either, probably because I never needed to.

They are pretty amazing parents, they will do whatever they can for me. Yeah, they can get a little irritating sometimes but they're pretty good 99.9% of the time. I'm really lucky.

ReputationRep:
    Mum is like another best friend. I would rather goto her for advice than anyone else. Dad is ok but he is a bit strict, but Mum usually brings him around to agreeing with her.

ReputationRep:
    I get on with my mum quite well most of the time (we obviously still have the teenager-parent arguements though :p:)

However, I can't stand my dad. I'm civil to him but I'm against everything he says/does/thinks. My parents are divorced which probably has something to do with this (I live with my mum and avoid seeing my dad) and I'm sick of the way he ****s off my mum all the time when he is the one who *****ed everything up.

/rant

ReputationRep:
    I feel really lucky that I have a great relationship with both my parents. Obviously there are the occassional arguments etc. but I realise now how much they've sacrificised for me and feel so grateful. I never used to realise but everything I am really is a product of them, it's quite scary, really; which is why I feel so sad for those who've never had that...

ReputationRep:
    It depends.

I dislike my mother's company - she's very narrow-minded and nosy. She assumes that a few of my male friends are gay when they are actually just metrosexuals. She thinks anyone and everyone with a tattoo or piercing is a criminal or drug addict. She's also very anti-alcohol and likes telling everyone else her opinions when they don't care.

My dad however, is great. He's too quiet at times, but he likes Metallica and zombie movies so that's good enough for me!

ReputationRep:
    I get on well and like both my parents, although I'm a bit distant at times.

ReputationRep:
    my parents have always been really laid back, I don't really have any major complaints

I hope they don't have any major complaints about me either... apart from the whole crushing disappointment thing, obviously

ReputationRep:
    egertgterht

ReputationRep:
    I like both of my parents and get on with them too, we have our moments but generally we're good My mum is my best friend.

ReputationRep:
    I'm one of the eight who do not like or get on with my parents and I love them (as parents). But then again, I got on with my dad but he died. I don't get on with my mum, she keeps telling me I'm stupid and compares me to my idiotic brother.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2010
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.