White
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    Beats by Dre, Black or White?

OR

• TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Neither. Seriously, for £200-300 you can get FAR better headphones than that.

ReputationRep:
    Before making such an investment I would look at this list first

http://www.trustedreviews.com/filter...27&submit.y=17

ReputationRep:
    Black if you must have those rip-offs. Get some better ones, look around head-fi.

ReputationRep:
    The white ones

ReputationRep:
    but the thing, because i will be using these on my ipod
    i dont think (without an amp) the sound can be any better than the beats by dre.... and they go for £200 on ebay

ReputationRep:
    The black ones, they do less to advertise your lack of sense.

ReputationRep:
    definitely the black.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by whatajoker)
    i dont think (without an amp) the sound can be any better than the beats by dre.... and they go for £200 on ebay
    Then spend £100 on some equivalent (or potentially better) headphones and be done with it? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    You should get the one that says "fool" on the sides.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Then spend £100 on some equivalent (or potentially better) headphones and be done with it? :erm:
    can you tell me headphones equivalent to these then? at £100

ReputationRep:
    can you tell me headphones equivalent to these then? at £100
    If you don't mind open back, these are just one pair that would be much better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by majikthise)
    damn, i hate open cans
    the sound drains and you can hear everything around you... cheap though (compared to dre's)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by majikthise)
    You can get SR-80is for that price.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lrkn)
    You can get SR-80is for that price.
    Oops, I meant to link to the 80i's!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, is everyone that bored and frustrated by colour today? Considering that I made virtually the same thread, on the same page... Though credit is given that this is a full size headphone thread

ReputationRep:
    What's the point of getting £200 headphones, then, if you'll - most likely - be listening mostly to songs in mp3, which is, even with the highest possible bitrate and sampling rate, a lossy format, by definition? :curious:

On a totally different note - those are massively overpriced and overhyped, professional reviews slam those cans to the ground. You're basically paying for Andre Young endorsing this product, for that price you can get far better headphones with better technical specification, that are not advertised by a talented (yet lazy) rapstar.

Still, I see no point in getting them, if you're to listen to stuff that had parts of its sound spectrum truncated. :|
    It's not that they're "bad", they're good headphones but the price doesn't match their quality, regardless of that they're still too good for mp3s, as you'd easily squeeze the maximum achievable from this format with much cheaper cans.

Unless you just want to have flashy headphones that everyone knows cost a lot of money - then fine, I can understand that, and I would have probably done the same if I only had the money to waste in that very way.

ReputationRep:
    they are over-hyped, just cos its dre..but if you must, then black!

ReputationRep:
    Get some Audio-Technica A900 closed cans, and they are far superior to the beat by dre. £247.95 off amazon. If you look on head-fi I bet you will find cheaper. If that's too much check out the Shure SRH840 or SRH440. £156.00 and £89.99 respectively.

The difference will be like comparaing an aston martin to a hyundai

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.