Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

i know blaming is bad.
    it's counterproductive, generates bad feelings, disallows forgiveness.
    i can't help it.

we've been dating for about nine months now.
    five months ago, because of my mistakes and his, i was forced to move thousands of miles away, to a different continent. my brain screams it's all his fault. i feel like every single memory i have with him is tainted, and had eventually led up to my having to move away. we've had to evolve our relationship into an LDR, and i just. while we're e-mailing or chatting, this tone creeps into my e-mails ims, and he knows what's coming: a fight, or my anger. it's *******-ly of me, but i can't help it. if we're talking and i randomly think about why i'm thousands of miles away from my hometown, i get really cross and resentful, and i give him heaps of s**t for it- i'll randomly bring up how it's all his fault and whatever.

yeah, i'm really bitter. i'm really resentful, and sometimes, i really hate him.

-bitterness over something that you think was not your fault. did you end up
    forgiving her/him?
    (not gonna ask "her/him/yourself" cause eventually, we all forgive ourselves.
    unless it's something huge.)
    -forgiveness. (i'm hoping to achieve this over time, so i told him i wanted a break,
    cause i was tired of lashing out and hurting him.)
    -consolation/advice? always welcomed.

it hurts, not talking to him. i figured the only thing that'll give this relationship a chance to be happy and successful is to get me to get over my resentment and bitterness somehow. i'm hoping over time and no-contact with him, i'll get over it. what do you think?
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.