Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone ever smoke weed while they do their assignments? watch

ReputationRep:
    Im in my final year at uni, and i basically smoke weed everyday. However I really want to take my work seriously in these last few months.

But sometimes I feel like im wasting time trying not to smoke, and feel i would get more done if i smoke a quick j, and then plough on.

But this could just be my pot head logic, and it will probably take twice as long to read a chapter..

Anyone ever do their academic work when their baked?

experiances of this?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I made a right hash of it.

ReputationRep:
    tbh other than the ramifications of the possible overuse if you work better under the influence don't risk your degree.

ReputationRep:
    No. And I probably won't try. Ever. Coffee for me. =)

Wrote the best Philosophy essay of my life stoned.

ReputationRep:
    so do i roll one up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)
    so do i roll one up?
    yes

ReputationRep:
    Yes but I re-read and edit it when the next day and not stoned.

ReputationRep:
    Im in my final year at uni, and i basically smoke weed everyday. However I really want to take my work seriously in these last few months.

But sometimes I feel like im wasting time trying not to smoke, and feel i would get more done if i smoke a quick j, and then plough on.

But this could just be my pot head logic, and it will probably take twice as long to read a chapter..

Anyone ever do their academic work when their baked?

experiances of this?
    No never.

I've got nothing against cannabis, but trust me don't smoke near exam times or when doing assignments/courseworks etc.

You need to learn to take breaks, its never too late.

Take a few weeks off it, you might be one of those people who finds it hard but after the first week or so you'll be fine. Another method is to set a date, like my exams finish in May, from then on i'm going to be free to smoke for a few weeks non stop and chill out. See it as a reward for yourself. Plus its great to smoke after a long time, you'll enjoy it more :tongue:

But whatever you do, don't jeapordise your education!

Edit: Just wanted to say, each person is different and you know how much it affects you or if it affects you negaitvely, so it really up to you to take into consideration all the different factors.

ReputationRep:
    Only on creative writing piece, that was fun though : )

ReputationRep:
    I tried to do maths stoned once.

Bad, bad idea. You do stuff wrong and have no idea why. You then proceed to argue with the paper as to why it is/isnt wrong

ReputationRep:
    i got this family law textbook infront of me

but i've also got a half oz of some LOVLEY STINKY blue cheese in my desk draw

and Johnthebaptist

I agree with you certainly. You defo know what your talking about. All of my years i've smoked through exams, however i don't want to do this for my final 2 exams at the end of the year.

However im currently doing my disso and it may help foer those long hours at the desk? and coursework isn't really about memory?

to roll or not to roll, that is the question

an important point, i've been sat at my desk since 3:00pm and i haven't read a word from my book!

ReputationRep:
    This is why people continually oppose the legalisation of cannabis.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamkund)
    This is why people continually oppose the legalisation of cannabis.
    Why is that then?

ReputationRep:
    Surley that isnt a very good idea ...

ReputationRep:
    troll.

ReputationRep:
    For humanities or arts subjects surely it would actually help? But maths etc., no!

ReputationRep:
    For humanities or arts subjects surely it would actually help? But maths etc., no!

ReputationRep:
    Why is that then?
    Son, you read the thread right?

...or did you forget it before you got to the end of the page?

Go back to your bong.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.