Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Wht was this all about? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    A few minutes ago, a man did the door, he kept insisting my dad intended to have the estimation done for something related to the back garden. He said I spoke to your dad yesterday, he said to come around tomorrow. Now my dad always mentions to the family, if anyone will be coming around . So then my brother came and said no,I don't think so. So he eventually went . I rang my dad and he said they have spoken to no such person.
    So was he most likely a thief? .

ReputationRep:
    sounds very suspicious, confidence trickster or thief, especially as he lied to your face about your dad telling him to come round.

Or he got the wrong house or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemoncake sucks)
    A few minutes ago, a man did the door, he kept insisting my dad intended to have the estimation done for something related to the back garden. He said I spoke to your dad yesterday, he said to come around tomorrow. Now my dad always mentions to the family, if anyone will be coming around . So then my brother came and said no,I don't think so. So he eventually went . I rang my dad and he said they have spoken to no such person.
    So was he most likely a thief? .
    Most likely. Either that or he's just a typical door-to-door salesmen. If you're sure he was lying and not just made an honest mistake see if you can report it to the police/ask your neighbours if they have had him knock on their door.

Huh, some people would've fell for that, good that you didn't.
    Just forget about it now and if he turns up again, call the police.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, he kept insisting it was the right house. And he MUST take the estimation. Hmm, he did say he will come back tomorrow. I'll be waiting.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends mentioned how someone randomly did her door and asked for a screwdriver and she said she didn't then he said to go and check LOL. Can't some just come up with something a bit more believable at least lol .

ReputationRep:
    6pm is abit late for an estimation to be done

ReputationRep:
    You need to learn how to communicate better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starless Eyes)
    6pm is abit late for an estimation to be done
    LOL . True.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by near_comatose)
    You need to learn how to communicate better.
    Indeed.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.