Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

No girlfriend. No sex for 4.5 years. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Just to start with an upbeat introduction!

Basically, this is another one of those male-on-TSR 'no girlfriend' threads.

But it's true. I'm 22, and single. I haven't had sex since just before my 18th birthday. And though I've developed deep crushes/feelings for a series of girls since my teenage girlfriend, none have come to anything. Usually down to my sociopathic personality, a lack of mutual interest or them being spoken for.

I consider myself to be an educated, good-looking young man, but on this particular issue, lost. There are females I am very interested in, and know that I am within their range too, but I find initiation difficult and so they lose interest. I probably come across as stuffy and aloof, or not easy to figure out. I also probably have too much pride, and so the prospect of rejection lingers in my mind. In everything else, I am very confident and conscientious.

Will I get married, am I going to be typing the same thread at 24, 28, 38?

Maybe it's just the dark nights

ReputationRep:
    You can pretty much guarantee anyone who describes themselves as a sociopath, isn't one.

ReputationRep:
    Why does your profile say you're 18? And erm, you're a sociopath...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by microfatcat)
    Haha, I think he is :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Just because you haven't had a girlfriend for a while, it is NO reflection on you. I personally think it's much harder for boys- although women nowadays often do chat men up, I think the onus is still mainly on the male to pursue the female. If I were you, I would try having a little flirt in a club- just make lingering eye contact with someone, if she does it back then smile... if she smiles back, then wait for the right moment and ask if you can buy her a drink. If you do it with someone you don't know, rejection is less important. Worst comes to worst and she rejects you, you won't have to speak to her again or see her at work/uni, you will just feel a bit crappy for an hour or two. Generally though, you will have some inclination as to whether she fancies you back- you will be able to tell, if she reciprocates the flirty eye contact.

You shouldn't be typing this same thread ten years in the future... you obviously have a lot going for you, so act confident and go for it!

ReputationRep:
    He joined in 2003.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elldee)
    He joined in 2003.
    So?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elldee)
    He joined in 2003.
    Love the way we gravitate to the profile, almost rituistically, on reading a thread of this sort.

But you cannot rely on a self-made profile to reflect accuracy or reality.

I don't know why it says 18, must be the DOB I put in ages ago. Will change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonelegaleagle)
    Just because you haven't had a girlfriend for a while, it is NO reflection on you. I personally think it's much harder for boys- although women nowadays often do chat men up, I think the onus is still mainly on the male to pursue the female. If I were you, I would try having a little flirt in a club- just make lingering eye contact with someone, if she does it back then smile... if she smiles back, then wait for the right moment and ask if you can buy her a drink. If you do it with someone you don't know, rejection is less important. Worst comes to worst and she rejects you, you won't have to speak to her again or see her at work/uni, you will just feel a bit crappy for an hour or two. Generally though, you will have some inclination as to whether she fancies you back- you will be able to tell, if she reciprocates the flirty eye contact.

You shouldn't be typing this same thread ten years in the future... you obviously have a lot going for you, so act confident and go for it!
    Thanks, and true.

Girls do have it so much easier than men. Bunch of hormonal charmers 'hitting' on attractive women, I hear something like 20 times a day. If a girl finds a man attractive, she won't work for it she'll just wait for signals.

ReputationRep:
    You'll find someone, you just need to make sure you're not so pedantic in real life, it's quite off-putting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duke5)
    Love the way we gravitate to the profile, almost rituistically, on reading a thread of this sort.

Your DOB doesn't change as you get older! Never mind, I'll let it drop.
    Perhaps it's because you're a self-diagnosed sociopath, or you don't chase girls, and girls rarely chase people aside from making it easier for guys by making it reaaally obvious they're into them. Meet some girls. Ask them out. Maybe one of them will say yes. Have sex with them. Success.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duke5)

Don't give up I'm sure u'll find ur dream gf

ReputationRep:
    This reeks of self-pity.

ReputationRep:
    In short get out there and break some hearts/ass.

ReputationRep:
    Your DOB doesn't change as you get older! Never mind, I'll let it drop.
    Perhaps it's because you're a self-diagnosed sociopath, or you don't chase girls, and girls rarely chase people aside from making it easier for guys by making it reaaally obvious they're into them. Meet some girls. Ask them out. Maybe one of them will say yes. Have sex with them. Success.
    The 18 thing is a bit of a mystery to me. If you look, I joined in 2003, when I was about 15/16, probably when you like to inflate your age in a deluded effort to gain status, so why I DOB'd younger is a mystery. Perhaps it was an error.

But to the substantive issue. You're right, I don't chase girls, as noble as that sounds the sad reality is, good guys don't do well in this Darwinian world.

Also, you're so right about girls too, rather than 'chase' boys they clear the weeds and make themselves more accessible. If you're a bloke, you just have to be better at picking this up, some of us aren't which is tragedy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duke5)
    The 18 thing is a bit of a mystery to me. If you look, I joined in 2003, when I was about 15/16, probably when you like to inflate your age in a deluded effort to gain status, so why I DOB'd younger is a mystery. Perhaps it was an error.

But to the substantive issue. You're right, I don't chase girls, as noble as that sounds the sad reality is, good guys don't do well in this Darwinian world.

Also, you're so right about girls too, rather than 'chase' boys they clear the weeds and make themselves more accessible. If you're a bloke, you just have to be better at picking this up, some of us aren't which is tragedy.
    I'e just realised it gives a month too, so I was 16!

ReputationRep:
    Do you want to have sex?

ReputationRep:
    look for a hooker..haahaha

ReputationRep:
    hell yeah..hahaha

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel xD

I haven't actually had sex in what seems like ages either... not through lack of opportunity, I just seem to fail to take the opportunities! But no one would believe me if I told them it has been ages.
    I'm quite shy, even though I get hit on a lot and am quite attractive... and I tend to like older men more than people my own age...and meeting them is difficult at Uni! I think as well, the fact I have not got a lot of experience, makes me more shy :P I want to have sex...I think I am just too picky :-/

I guess just be more confident. GL

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.