Turn on thread page Beta

Any way to help myself get taller? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok. I havent grown taller in 5 years - you probably think well everyone stops growing at some point - but I had a severe eating disorder at about 12 and havent grown since. I was tallest in my class in year 7 at 5'6" and am now about average at the same height in y11. Its incredibly depressing - at least thats how I feel anyway. My mam is around 5'8" and dad 5'10" so ther is definetly some potential there (oh and my 12 yr old sister is now about half an inch taller than me)

Anyone know any ways to try and give my body a kickstart and get it growing upwards again - should I for loads of protein?:confused:
    And how much should I let myself grow "outwards" before giving up - Id rather not bother having to eat loads if im never gonna get taller.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Jump a lot.

ReputationRep:
    5'6" is fine for a girl, don't worry about it. If you grow you grow, about the only thing you can do is eat well.

ReputationRep:
    Drink alot of milk and munch some Phosphorous cake.

ReputationRep:
    I can only tell you how to make everyone else shorter.

ReputationRep:
    break legs, extend a bit, let them heal. Repeat.
    Im not even joking, people have done that before.

Realistically: weal heels (which lets face it, are hot).
    Also, 5'6" ist exactly short

ReputationRep:
    You're worried about 5"6?
    I'm 5"1.....

ReputationRep:
    Have a knee transplant. It's all the rage in East Asia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemmmy)
    You're worried about 5"6?
    I'm 5"1.....
    Haha, exactly! I'm 5ft. 5ft 6 is ABOVE AVERAGE, and to be perfectly honest is giant for someone who is 12.

(Original post by tefnut)
    Ok. I havent grown taller in 5 years - you probably think well everyone stops growing at some point - but I had a severe eating disorder at about 12 and havent grown since. I was tallest in my class in year 7 at 5'6" and am now about average at the same height in y11. Its incredibly depressing
    You probably just grew really early, in y7 I was like 4ft 10 or something! I haven't grown since y9, as a girl at 16 you've passed your main growing peroid anyway, there isn't anything you can do to make yourself grow, and in a year or two your growth plates will fuse anyway.

The only way to grow is to get growth hormones, and NO ONE is going to give that to someone who is above average anyway! You need to put it in perpective, my mum has 2 sisters 5ft 10+ and she's 4ft 11, 5ft 6 is taller than average!

ReputationRep:
    Ok I suppose im a bit out of perspective its just Im very self concious. And yeah chopping peoples heads of might mke me feel taller but im not quite desperate enough for that

ReputationRep:
    Uch what a silly thread.

ReputationRep:
    5'6" is above average.

Any taller and you'll begin to forfeit the extreme cuteness that being short presents.

am I right, or am I right.

Spoiler:
    Show
    For the purpose of this thread, I am extremely right.

ReputationRep:
    At 5'6" you're taller than most girls and tbh guys don't like girls any taller than that so there's nothing to worry about :top:

ReputationRep:
    Eat your vegetables to grow big and strong, oh the amount of times i've heard that !

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same as you - I was the tallest in my class throughout my childhood, until year 7 when i stopped at 5'6" (nothing do do with an eating disorder though). What's wrong with being 5'6", it's a pretty normal height?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tefnut)
    Ok. I havent grown taller in 5 years - you probably think well everyone stops growing at some point - but I had a severe eating disorder at about 12 and havent grown since. I was tallest in my class in year 7 at 5'6" and am now about average at the same height in y11. Its incredibly depressing - at least thats how I feel anyway. My mam is around 5'8" and dad 5'10" so ther is definetly some potential there (oh and my 12 yr old sister is now about half an inch taller than me)

Anyone know any ways to try and give my body a kickstart and get it growing upwards again - should I for loads of protein?:confused:
    And how much should I let myself grow "outwards" before giving up - Id rather not bother having to eat loads if im never gonna get taller.

Thanks
    Protein is meant to help with growth as for excerise Yoga is meant to eleongate you and can add up to 2 inches (thats what my instructoe said). Thirdly high heels

ReputationRep:
    5ft6 is bloody good! I'm 5ft5 :|
    And i though 5ft4 and a half was average for a woman? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    um, your normal.
    im 5'1.

ReputationRep:
    Aside from that 5'6 is above average for females (I'm only 5'2, everyone in my family including both my little sisters are taller than me-although it's a bit of a consolation that it's not by much), at 16 you're unlikely to grow much more.

Girls typically stop growing between 16-18, and the fact that you haven't grown any more recently means it's almost certain you've gone through your main growth period and aren't going to grow any more.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'10, it's lofty here at the top... :moon:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.