Turn on thread page Beta

Any way to help myself get taller? watch

ReputationRep:
    HA HA I'm 6'

ReputationRep:
    5'4" is about average for a woman, so 5'6" is pretty much quite tall anyway. Unless you are wanting to be a top model or something, why worry about your height? It's totally fine. Many guys prefer women shorter than them anyway, and if you really want to look taller, just wear heels.

ReputationRep:
    5'6 and youre complaining?
    im 5'1 :p: 5'6 is awesome, seriously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tefnut)
    Ok. I havent grown taller in 5 years - you probably think well everyone stops growing at some point - but I had a severe eating disorder at about 12 and havent grown since. I was tallest in my class in year 7 at 5'6" and am now about average at the same height in y11. Its incredibly depressing - at least thats how I feel anyway. My mam is around 5'8" and dad 5'10" so ther is definetly some potential there (oh and my 12 yr old sister is now about half an inch taller than me)

Anyone know any ways to try and give my body a kickstart and get it growing upwards again - should I for loads of protein?:confused:
    And how much should I let myself grow "outwards" before giving up - Id rather not bother having to eat loads if im never gonna get taller.

Thanks
    Try a medieval rack?

ReputationRep:
    You can't, really. Also how tall are your mum and your other female relatives? If they're all around your height then it is unlikely you will grow any more.

I'm still waiting for the growth spurt that will see me reach the same height as my mother

ReputationRep:
    milk.
    Seriously, I'm 6,3 and drink about 2 pints of milk a day.
    Could be a coincidence...but still..

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy and I'm bloody 5ft 6!
    so you think you have issues?! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    At 5'6" you're taller than most girls and tbh guys don't like girls any taller than that so there's nothing to worry about :top:
    Oh no! I'm *****:woo:

ReputationRep:
    i'm 5 ft 4 I THINK and it's fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I'm 5'10, it's lofty here at the top... :moon:
    mind swapping heights with me I'm 5ft 6 :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    mind swapping heights with me I'm 5ft 6 :puppyeyes:

Yeahhh go on.

ReputationRep:
    6'4 here; i need midgets like you to laugh at as i reach for the top shelf with ease. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Yeahhh go on.
    :woo: omg finally someone who is willing to trade. :eek3:

Let me just contact the UISFAWHRA, (United, Insert, Some, Fancy, Words, Height Regulater Association)

They said it's fine. :yep: Should receive a text on your mobile to confirm the transfer.

You're not going to bail on me are you? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    :woo: omg finally someone who is willing to trade. :eek3:

Let me just contact the UISFAWHRA, (United, Insert, Some, Fancy, Words, Height Regulater Association)

They said it's fine. :yep: Should receive a text on your mobile to confirm the transfer.

You're not going to bail on me are you? :hmmm:
    Yeah I just got a text from the HRC (Height Regulatory Commission) asking me if I could confirm.

We're doing it baby!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I just got a text from the HRC (Height Regulatory Commission) asking me if I could confirm.

We're doing it baby!
    Hell yeah!!

ReputationRep:
    pituitary gland stimulation fo' some extra HGH :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krisblade)

The only way to grow is to get growth hormones, and NO ONE is going to give that to someone who is above average anyway!
    if you're short, is it legal to get growth hormones? do many take it and what are the side effects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obviouslystudying)
    if you're short, is it legal to get growth hormones? do many take it and what are the side effects?
    Your doctor prescribes them. They can be very dangerous if taken incorrectly. They are normally given to children who have had their growth stunted by certain medications such as steroids during childhood, or those with severe idiopathic short stature. It is a expensive treatment and would be unlikely to be given unless you were severely affected by the lack of growth.

I doubt you can just walk in and ask for them. They are mainly for people who have had their growth affected during childhood for some reason or those with a hormone deficiency.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.