Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sega Megadrive/Genesis - Will It Work On A HDTV? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I wanted to get a 1080p HDTV for my bedroom, (probbally a 26" or something)

I was just wondering, would a 16bit (or was it 32??) work on a HDTV?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    yes
    it connects via RF (i.e. aerial) so you will need to switch the tv to terrestrial and tune it 36 i think

Source: i have a megadrive with me at uni:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks for the reply. just to ask, do modern day HDTV's come with an aerial port? I'm talking about recent HDTV, not the first generation.

I was in halfords looking at one that was on clearance, a 1080 26" 20,000 contrast, which is good for MY needs.

ReputationRep:
    yes, they do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrvn)
    Hi, thanks for the reply. just to ask, do modern day HDTV's come with an aerial port? I'm talking about recent HDTV, not the first generation.

I was in halfords looking at one that was on clearance, a 1080 26" 20,000 contrast, which is good for MY needs.
    link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    yes
    it connects via RF (i.e. aerial) so you will need to switch the tv to terrestrial and tune it 36 i think

Source: i have a megadrive with me at uni:awesome:

You = God

ReputationRep:
    If you have the old-style aerial it should do. Or an adapter.

I connect my megadrive up to a 42-inch screen and it is just :drool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YannTouchable)
    You = God
    sonic and sonic 2 ftw:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    sonic and sonic 2 ftw:awesome:
    Jungle Strike was better!

Might get mine out of the attic...

ReputationRep:
    Lol, sonic, mortal kombat, street fighter... FTWs!! I have all of them... I even have the sonic and nuckles extension pack slot thingy I found this all in my attic this morning, mint condition... omg the memories.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't even bother with the RF cable on a TV bigger than 20", the picture is bland and extremely fuzzy. Invest £10 in a decent RGB SCART cable, the picture is vastly superior. And if you can find somebody who is handy with a soldering iron, you might like to get a 60Hz switch fitted to it which will eliminate the black borders and make the games play at the correct speed.

ReputationRep:
    I play my Mega Drive on a HD ready TV and it works just fine. Final Fight on the Mega CD ftw.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you buying a 1080p 26" TV? Surely you wouldn't be able to appreciate full HD on such a small screen? There's a graph floating around here somewhere with a size/ resolution/ viewing distance comparison that might stop you spending loadsa money on a TV that isn't worth it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.