Turn on thread page Beta

Loughborough or Leicester or UEA as insurance? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all! I have my firm pretty much decided in my head (Birmingham!) but am wondering now between Loughborough, Leicester and UEA for my insurance (although its mainly between loughborough and leicester)

so far, i get the impression that;
    -leicester is more well known, but the city isn't that great, but easy to get a part time job
    -loughborough is not very well known, yet has a great campus, good facilities, more modern, but due to being in a small town, probably hard to get a part time job.

obviously for me a part time job is pretty important, but I just want to know more about general living, how good accommodation is, etc.
    Just need some more opinions to help me make my mind up really!
    Oh, and I am going to be studying International Relations, if that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know what Leicester is like for I.R.
    The halls are predominantly based around 2miles away from the campus, but in perhaps the most expensive area of the city. They're pretty special and have great living space too.

UEA - very good institute, but lacking decent transport links

ReputationRep:
    Preferably none, but if you have to choose, go with Leicester.

ReputationRep:
    Uea!

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.