Turn on thread page Beta

How deep is this squat?? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    I don't know the name, its bill starrs, 5x5 ramping up the weight, first 4 weeks build up to your old PR's then after you smash them once a week.

Week 4 is coming up WOOOOP
    Ah ok brah, i'm on madcow, could be the same one, didn't know about the first 4 weeks thing but Oops :nod: just see what happens, i only managed 2 reps of 130 the other day so lot of work to do to get to ur level.

what are your stats broski? and were those running shoes you were squatting in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    Ah ok brah, i'm on madcow, could be the same one, didn't know about the first 4 weeks thing but Oops :nod: just see what happens, i only managed 2 reps of 130 the other day so lot of work to do to get to ur level.

what are your stats broski? and were those running shoes you were squatting in?
    the first four weeks are essential, you'll stall a lot faster without them, perhaps that is why you only managed 2 of 130

If I was you id reset, go 4 weeks back, and start it properly - if you cant manage the reps thats probably why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megaloblastic)
    the first four weeks are essential, you'll stall a lot faster without them, perhaps that is why you only managed 2 of 130

If I was you id reset, go 4 weeks back, and start it properly - if you cant manage the reps thats probably why
    wouldn't hurt i guess.

my microsoft office trial's expired so can't use the spreadsheet, 40 pound for it but there are other ways :ninja: hmm

ReputationRep:
    wouldn't hurt i guess.

my microsoft office trial's expired so can't use the spreadsheet, 40 pound for it but there are other ways :ninja: hmm
    get open office?

trust me mate, if you're gonna do the program do it properly - it was designed like that for a reason

ReputationRep:
    lol just open it with gmail or google documents... or just figure it out lol.

And like the guy bellow says its essential... I questioned it but its making sense, the 140 for 5 felt easy... (1 or 2" high) but still easy

My other lifts started at 160/100/75/180/55 for Sq/Be/P.row/Dl/M.press

not too gr8... buh ah well, after 14 months training @ 85

how bout u? Also u really gotta reset... pointless to stall so soon.

wouldn't hurt i guess.

ReputationRep:
    I've been thinking about that.... I did WS4SB, SS and now on bill starrs, not sure which one is most important to me though.... like training for everything is a bit lacking in focus no? Wt do you train for/how do you train? And haha My uni was desperate enough to recruit me for AFC but after 1 session I decided injury rate was too high for my liking XD

(Original post by Bishamon)
    incorporate all three I think, like those in strongmen, I understand what you mean by gym being meditation. When I go back to uni next year I have a feeling I'm gonna be dragged back into rugby/american football :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I've been thinking about that.... I did WS4SB, SS and now on bill starrs, not sure which one is most important to me though.... like training for everything is a bit lacking in focus no? Wt do you train for/how do you train? And haha My uni was desperate enough to recruit me for AFC but after 1 session I decided injury rate was too high for my liking XD

for now, id stick with the programming that works best for you - what programming are you getting the best results with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    jesus....

ReputationRep:
    Thats the point what results I want I'm not sure about. I've been chasing 4 plates on squat... but now I'm starting to realise its a bit ******* pointless (wrt to other lifts such as deadlift and front squat). I mean this was the whole motivation/idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1jaRtI_2M0

with any luck that'll be me in 6 weeks or so

(Original post by commandant)
    for now, id stick with the programming that works best for you - what programming are you getting the best results with?

ReputationRep:
    haha thanks, How was your progression on starrs? I was seriously considering smolov but don't want to use it till I hit 180, (also My bench is embrassingly bad... I blame my asian genetics/long arms) Will probs start a blog when the smolov starts, this starrs cycle has been very uninteresting thus far.

(Original post by commandant)
    Frank Yang is a crazy ****, was watching his videos not long back

Well if you've been chasing it, carry on chasing it and get it It isn't pointless, if its something you'd be proud of doing, go and do it!

ReputationRep:
    haha thanks, How was your progression on starrs? I was seriously considering smolov but don't want to use it till I hit 180, (also My bench is embrassingly bad... I blame my asian genetics/long arms) Will probs start a blog when the smolov starts, this starrs cycle has been very uninteresting thus far.
    I used smolov to hit 180

I squatted using starrs in the summer, did an 8 week cycle up to 130ish for 5, can't quite remember now

tested my 1rm then, and could do more than expected, I seem to be able to one rep a lot more than I can 5 rep - for example, I can 1 rep 190 now - the calculators say I should be able to 5 rep 169 - I know for a fact I couldn't do that

I got 140 and left it at that for the 1 rep max, although it was fast and easy, would have got a double - I used this max for my smolov - which in hindsight was spot on, as I got great results from the program and didn't completely break down like I see a lot of people doing when they hit the 3rd week - when I do smolov again this summer, I shall use my top double as the 1 rep max - because I know that works

on another note, the first 3 weeks of smolov is all you need, the "base mesocycle" - I wouldn't bother with the whole program

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.