Turn on thread page Beta

is anyone else like this when drunk? watch

ReputationRep:
    last night my ex called me, absolutely trollied. He was swearing and shouting at me, even saying he'd 'cut my face' if he saw me again. He accused me of texting all his friends, coming on to them, that evening, which was completely made up.

After that he started crying uncontrollably, shouting and screaming. He then spent the next few hours trying to get me to go to his house, even though he was stuck in town with no money. He also said he didn't know where i lived, which he does, but kept pretending he was getting a lift to mine.

Why would anyone be like this, even when that drunk? It's wierd cos the rest of the time he's so normal. Does anyone else know anyone like this?

ReputationRep:
    What.a.prick.

I usually get quite aggressive but only towards guys that push into me, or get mouthy.

ReputationRep:
    How ex is this ex? Been a long time? Sounds like he's been bottling up feelings which have come out in an overdramatic form through his drunkenness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_Unsafe.)
    How ex is this ex? Been a long time? Sounds like he's been bottling up feelings which have come out in an overdramatic form through his drunkenness.
    As of about 3 weeks ago. He ended it.

He was calling me non stop for about 3 hours, flitting from trying to get me to drive to his house and saying he never wanted to talk to me again.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my ex calls me and rants when he's drunk.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Don't answer the phone?

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the world of breakups, just think, one day YOU may be the crazy drunk on the other end of the phone.

ReputationRep:
    I've never experienced anyone being that violent or emotional. Seems like he experienced huge mood swings to. I'd go as far as to suggest that it might have been more then alcohol involved...

But more to the point, you don't need to take abuse like that, I would have turned off my phone and ignored him if I was you, he needs to grow up and move on.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhh sounds like he's got a fair few unresolved issues. :yep:

I wouldn't classify that as 'normal' behaviour, no - but I know of people who have behaved similarly (including myself) although to a much lesser extent. Alcohol unfortunately has the tendency to make some people's true feeling's come pouring out in all sorts of weird ways. Has he spoken to you since, or text you to apologise? Were you on okay terms before it happened or not?

I'm assuming he was really, really drunk. If not then perhaps he's slightly insane and you should probably stay well away!

In all seriousness though, hope you're okay. :hugs: It can be really upsetting when people behave like that - so speak to him if you want/need to, but let him know it's really not on.

ReputationRep:
    Nope I tend to just get myself in trouble and have to run very fast away.

I never mean any malice while drunk, I just get mischievous.

ReputationRep:
    i hate people who feel the need to get aggressive when drunk

ReputationRep:
    i did ask him if he'd taken anything, which he said he hadn't.

I turned my phone off to begin with but then he started to call my house phone, so i turned it back on. Just as well as he didn't stop calling until half 5...

I texted him today asking him to let me know he was ok, as i'd never heard him so upset before, but he hasn't got back to me.

We were on good terms until the night before when he texted me saying he didn't think we should see each other for a while, then the next night he's having a go at me for not going to his house at 5 in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Nope I tend to just get myself in trouble and have to run very fast away.

I never mean any malice while drunk, I just get mischievous.
    Same, i'm not like one of those people who act like pricks when drunk and abuse other people, i just do messed up things when drunk... most of these are criminial offences.

ReputationRep:
    He's obviously confused about his feelings. This is extreme but people do act like that when drunk, yeah. I, for one, certainly act out of character and aggressive sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    I know people who start crying over ridiculous reasons. Once a friend was sitting on the toilet, crying her eye balls out cause her cousins were 'gone'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spasmos)
    Seems like he experienced huge mood swings to. I'd go as far as to suggest that it might have been more then alcohol involved...
    Dont be so bloody naive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keith Lemon)
    What.a.prick.

I usually get quite aggressive but only towards guys that push into me, or get mouthy.
    I agree with keith ......... although from keith's comments, he sounds a bit like one too.

ReputationRep:
    There should be a drunk mode on mobile phones, which makes it only possible to phone your own house, registered taxi numbers and 999.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Entity)
    Same, i'm not like one of those people who act like pricks when drunk and abuse other people, i just do messed up things when drunk... most of these are criminial offences.
    I never do anything criminal, I just put myself at risk unnecessarily by annoying people I shouldn't for fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teddybomb)
    last night my ex called me, absolutely trollied. He was swearing and shouting at me, even saying he'd 'cut my face' if he saw me again. He accused me of texting all his friends, coming on to them, that evening, which was completely made up.

After that he started crying uncontrollably, shouting and screaming. He then spent the next few hours trying to get me to go to his house, even though he was stuck in town with no money. He also said he didn't know where i lived, which he does, but kept pretending he was getting a lift to mine.

Why would anyone be like this, even when that drunk? It's wierd cos the rest of the time he's so normal. Does anyone else know anyone like this?
    meh, alcohol can have bad effects on some people, I get really depressed and angry when im drunk, which is why I don't drink alcohol anymore... maybe your boyfriend has the same effects as me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.