Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Exactly as it says

I want to be able to sing

I practise the common warm up
    cos was told that will help you recognize notes and then you'll be able to sing them

I can breath from my diaphragm but when my voice sounds horrible singing

any help please ? ?
    Lessons i've heard only really teach you opera and I'd rather not learn that

ReputationRep:
    By opera, do you mean proper singing technique?

ReputationRep:
    I dunno

I was just told by someone that they make you sing operatically

ReputationRep:
    There are a few videos on youtube that are good for singers at the early stages of learning! I would recommend rbcross! Just type that name in the search engine! He has his own account! He appears to be the real deal!

ReputationRep:
    Download Canta.

It's a program which, if you have a microphone, can pick up and tell you the notes you are singing. You can also upload data of other people singing to see which notes they hit - very helpful if you can actually find one

Also, practice, practice, practice. No-one can sing a song note perfect first time round.

ReputationRep:
    Sing my Angel, Sing!

ReputationRep:
    This is going to sound really random, and probably completely irrelevant but... I watched this program years ago with this amazing soul singer who had to teach people with the most awful singing voices to sing. He did it by starting them off singing really quietly, apparently it was easier to hit the notes and everything, and he gradually made them louder until they were amazing singers!!

Umm... otherwise, singing lessons don't just teach you operatic songs, but all different types of music, just you can sing properly. If you want to sing pop or r'n'b then most people just do it by themselves...

ReputationRep:
    Practice makes perfect.

ReputationRep:
    Some teachers might teach you songs from shows, they don't generally teach you how to sing pop and RnB songs because they're not singing with proper technique. Famous RnB/pop singers haven't had lessons (as far as I know ) they generally make up their own technique/are born with their sound.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.