Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    tell your dad immediately.

as soon as he knows, it will be "solved".

ReputationRep:
    I know who your talking about, he's that guy who sells bud and coke. Seen him up town a few times and seen him in Tesco car park in the corner with another car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wild Thing)
    Ewwww. Why would a 35 year old date someone who's just finished her GCSEs?? I really don't get it.
    According to an older friend who always dates young girls "It keeps me feeling youthful" which is fair enough..... Plus no doubt there are other reasons I wont mention, im sure you can guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riderz)
    According to an older friend who always dates young girls "It keeps me feeling youthful" which is fair enough..... Plus no doubt there are other reasons I wont mention, im sure you can guess.
    What are the other reasons?? cannot guess :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afrodite)
    What are the other reasons?? cannot guess :confused:
    You really don't know?

Younger girls are meant to be less experienced and thus... tighter in certain places.

Best way I can put it without being vile ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choccielatte)
    That's not going to help things, is it?

There's no proof he's done anything wrong, even though it may sound as if he's up to no good. She's probably going through that "older man" stage - thinking that she's cool for getting with someone so much older. Might be worth pointing out he's old enough to be her father and that he's probably only after sex/the ability to brag he can still "get with" attractive young women.

Having said this, a girl I went to school with got with her best friends father when she was 16 and he in his late 30s. They're engaged and are still together 4 years later, and sadly recently lost their first child.

I'm not saying this man, or the girl, are acting responsibly; clearly, they're breaking social boundaries. But without evidence he's forcing her into a relationship, or that he has been with underage girls and "preys" on them - not a lot can be done.

If her parents don't want to act on it, then the OP should leave well alone. The girl will probably realise this guy is a sleaze (if he is one, that is) later on.

I'd give it the benefit of the doubt for the moment, and just express discomfort rather than fully condoning her actions as "wrong". It would just push them closer together overall.
    Doesn't matter if she is going to be happy or not - she clearly has some issues if she is going through an "older man" phase which isn't the norm.
    He might not yet be doing anything wrong, but why on earth would a 35 year old want to hang out with a 16 year old? Unless he has a dead daughter who she reminds him off (as if), the only reason is perverted at best.
    Granted it could push them closer together saying it's wrong, but then I'd just say the parents should follow the kid and meet up with the older guy, without either one knowing, because it frankly is messed up and he needs to be challenged as to what is going on.

ReputationRep:
    http://nerdiest-kids.com/wp-content/...0/pedobear.png

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Doesn't matter if she is going to be happy or not - she clearly has some issues if she is going through an "older man" phase which isn't the norm.
    Actually, I'd say it's pretty common for girls in their mid-late teens to be attracted to older men. Admittedly, it's not common to go for men 20 years older (usually in the range of 2-10 I'd reckon) but it's not unheard of.

It's not exactly recent news that girls mature faster than boys of the same age. I take your point that it is very weird and unorthodox. it certianly appears a creepy on the face of things, but to write him off as a pervert automatically seems harsh.

I don't think it would help to charge in and call him a paedophile - for all legal intents and purposes, he can't be classfied as this. He's just odd!

ReputationRep:
    You really don't know?

Younger girls are meant to be less experienced and thus... tighter in certain places.

Best way I can put it without being vile ...
    Complete myth.

Only childbirth will make the vagina looser

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    Complete myth.

Only childbirth will make the vagina looser
    I didn't say it was true :o:

But that's what men tend to believe :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I'd say it's pretty common for girls in their mid-late teens to be attracted to older men. Admittedly, it's not common to go for men 20 years older (usually in the range of 2-10 I'd reckon) but it's not unheard of.

It's not exactly recent news that girls mature faster than boys of the same age. I take your point that it is very weird and unorthodox. it certianly appears a creepy on the face of things, but to write him off as a pervert automatically seems harsh.

I don't think it would help to charge in and call him a paedophile - for all legal intents and purposes, he can't be classfied as this. He's just odd!
    Unfortunately the only girls I know who went through an older guy phase, and not trying to reinforce any stereotype, had either father issues are serious self esteem problems.
    As much as girls mature faster than boys, it's not so much to warrant a girl who may not even be in college to be going out with someone who has graduated university, let alone could be her father.
    Plus I can't at all think why a 35 year old would want to hang out with a 16 year old, makes no sense, hence why I'd approach the situation as he's a bad guy. Plus, he should also know better.

ReputationRep:
    pervvvvv.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patientology)
    She is 16.
    This is very much the case. Her opinion and her decision.

You can tell her your opinion, but you can't make it your decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afrodite)
    Simply tell her: He is a pedo! That old dude needs to look elsewhere! Maybe a trip to the optometrist will help :facepalm:

Just because it is legal, doesn't mean it makes sense
    well obviously he's not a pedo otherwise it wouldnt be legal would it? - idiot

ReputationRep:
    One can understand the girl's point of view: she thinks she's mature and all but the 35 year old guy? wtf?! I guess tho that you should know him before judging.....maybe try to find out if he's in it for a good time or if it looks serious?!

ReputationRep:
    Send a couple of older relatives, to roughen the guy up, and threaten him....

If only movies were always reality :rolleyes:

From 16-18 I was incredibly attracted to much older guys, but never acted on it because I knew I was totally sexually innocent (despite a dirty, dirty mind) and would be so easy to be taken advantage of. I'm glad of it today. I suppose it's this... 'meta-maturity'? .. that this girl lacks.

Definitely talk to her, but try not to come over as uptight/overprotective/paranoid.

He is a big winner, she is a slut.

ReputationRep:
    As everyone has said, legally he is in the clear (Sadly). But the reality is, he is definitely a paedo. If I was his age, I can't see why I would want to be with someone who is JUST legal.

I would kick the **** out of him if I were her brother.

ReputationRep:
    It's utterly disgusting :nothing:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.