Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of the presenters?

My views are similar to these people:

http://feared.wordpress.com/2010/01/05/top-gear/

http://martinrain.wordpress.com/2009...er-generation/

Jesus Christ, that's the biggest load of **** I've ever read. Do you read the Daily Mail by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    So people are blaming bad parenting on Top Gear... nice!

ReputationRep:
    What a load of crap.

ReputationRep:
    If you take the programme at face value, a bit of a laugh with three obviously good mates in sometimes slightly staged scenarios then it is excellent. If you want to watch super nanny at work then go else where.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ah the PC brigade always makes me laugh

ReputationRep:
    Why is the PC brigade so utterly thick?

Also, why can't they **** off? (in the nicest possible way)

ReputationRep:
    So now they're blaming 3 middle aged blokes who are on telly 16 hours a year for the break down in society :facepalm2: Next they'll be blaming CBeebies.
    **** off PC-brigade. Just **** off.

ReputationRep:
    Who is this PC brigade? Do I reach them by calling 999?

ReputationRep:
    Seriously?? I'm pretty sure there are programmes out there that are way worse than Top Gear!! Personally I love watching Top Gear, and have never been bothered by the personalities of the presenters. It's part of the show..

ReputationRep:
    once the first word i saw on one of the links was 'dave' i closed it and knew it wouldbe utter drab
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Who is this PC brigade? Do I reach them by calling 999?
    Nah unfortunately they only leap into action when they are most unwanted and useless. They have emergency squads waiting to stick their noses into other people's business and scream "RACIST" or sometimes "SEXIST".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motoroller)
    What do you think of the presenters?

My views are similar to these people:

http://feared.wordpress.com/2010/01/05/top-gear/

http://martinrain.wordpress.com/2009...er-generation/
    Sniff Petrol is basically Top Gear Blog so I struggle to understand your disdain...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshMcD)
    Sniff Petrol is basically Top Gear Blog so I struggle to understand your disdain...
    Could just be jealousy as the Top Gear lads do have the best job in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Those dumbass writers are reading too much into it, if viewers aren't smart enough to realise it's entertainment and allow it to somehow cause repercussions in society then that's their own doing.

I think the presenters are awesome, especially Jeremy Clarkson...what they do is provide the nation with the best piece of british television. They have what is widely thought as the best job on the planet, and Top Gear is one of the world's most viewed shows at an average of 350million viewers per episode. I think there couldn't be a show better than Top Gear to represent Britain and British media on the global scale...British presenters, British comedy, British entertainment and British sentiments!

Top Gear rules :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Memphis)
    Could just be jealousy as the Top Gear lads do have the best job in the world.
    I'm certainly jealous enough to hate them! And love them also!

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I don't like the way Jezza and Hamster gang up on James who more often than not has a very important point to make, but because it is 'boring' in their eyes, i.e. they are too thick to understand, they cut him off.

And the worst thing, Jezza has a doctorate of engineering and he is the worst engineer in existance! He bodges everything!

It really grinds my gears.

Did you see what I did there?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that the point of James' character though?

Cause i'm pretty sure that most of Top Gear is scripted, so it's all part of the act.

He's meant to be the pedantic, blithering idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    Those dumbass writers are reading too much into it, if viewers aren't smart enough to realise it's entertainment and allow it to somehow cause repercussions in society then that's their own doing.

I think the presenters are awesome, especially Jeremy Clarkson...what they do is provide the nation with the best piece of british television. They have what is widely thought as the best job on the planet, and Top Gear is one of the world's most viewed shows at an average of 350million viewers per episode. I think there couldn't be a show better than Top Gear to represent Britain and British media on the global scale...British presenters, British comedy, British entertainment and British sentiments!

Top Gear rules :cool:
    I second that!

ReputationRep:
    What an absolute load of *****!

Clarkson and May are absolutely brilliant! Hammond's ok.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.