Turn on thread page Beta

Help with student finance application watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to apply for student finance for my second year of film production for 2010 and 2011. But am not sure whether I would need my parent's household income. Because on this page http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio...rted/DG_171577 it says,

Students continuing a course in 2010/11

To be sure of having your first payment for 2010/11 ready at the start of the academic year, you must apply by:

# 21 May 2010 if you’re applying for types of finance that mean your household income will need to be assessed

# 23 April 2010 if you’re only applying for types of finance that won’t require an assessment of your household income

Which one do I apply for?

Comments will be appreicated.

ReputationRep:
    It all depends. The household assessment one means that, if your parent's income falls under a certain amount, you get more loans/grants. Entirely up to you really. Do you want the extra money (if you're eligible for it), or don't you?

ReputationRep:
    That depends on whether or not you want/need to apply for income assessed finance.

What did you do last year?

ReputationRep:
    Did you get a grant or more loan than the minimum last year? If so household income will need assessing this year unless your parents earnings have increased greatly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    Did you get a grant or more loan than the minimum last year? If so household income will need assessing this year unless your parents earnings have increased greatly.
    Yes I did. I got the maximum grant/loan for 2009/2010, because my parents had low household income.

ReputationRep:
    Then it's clearly 21 May if assessed

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.