Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to apply for student finance for my second year of film production for 2010 and 2011. But am not sure whether I would need my parent's household income. Because on this page http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio...rted/DG_171577 it says,

Students continuing a course in 2010/11

To be sure of having your first payment for 2010/11 ready at the start of the academic year, you must apply by:

# 21 May 2010 if you’re applying for types of finance that mean your household income will need to be assessed

# 23 April 2010 if you’re only applying for types of finance that won’t require an assessment of your household income

Which one do I apply for?

Comments will be appreicated.

ReputationRep:
    It all depends. The household assessment one means that, if your parent's income falls under a certain amount, you get more loans/grants. Entirely up to you really. Do you want the extra money (if you're eligible for it), or don't you?

ReputationRep:
    That depends on whether or not you want/need to apply for income assessed finance.

What did you do last year?

ReputationRep:
    Did you get a grant or more loan than the minimum last year? If so household income will need assessing this year unless your parents earnings have increased greatly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    Did you get a grant or more loan than the minimum last year? If so household income will need assessing this year unless your parents earnings have increased greatly.
    Yes I did. I got the maximum grant/loan for 2009/2010, because my parents had low household income.

ReputationRep:
    Then it's clearly 21 May if assessed

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.