Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So who is good at interpreting rules and guidelines? Im in a bit of a pickle... watch

    • Thread Starter

    now it's probably the lawyer in me, but when my uni guideline says:

    "Mark profile: Where a student achieves an aggregate mark which is not more than 3 marks below a classification boundary (50, 60 or 70) and has at least 80 credits at Level H in a higher classification than the aggregate mark, the Board of Examiners will recommend that the higher classification be awarded."

    Does this mean the aggregate score of each of my units (ie, I need to get at least 57 in media law, family law etc.) or just the final score (i.e my final score after the last 2 years needs to be at least 57)

    Obviously i would prefer the second scenario, but it just seems too good to be true for me at this stage....:woo:

    Aggregate = final score i.e. all your module marks added together.

    But you will need at least 80 credits at 60+ if your aggregate is 57 or you won't be awarded the higher classification.
    • Thread Starter

    Thanks for the reply.

    I know aggregate means the total, but what I was questioning is whether is is the total of each of my modules, or the total of my whole degree (as in my final score)

    Hopefully it is just my final score....

    my uni rwefuses to give me any details on this as they think it will be bad for morale... ****ers

    Sorry for not being clear; that's what I was getting at when I meant final score - your whole degree, which I presume you know is the average of your 2nd and 3rd year marks.

    Unless I've completely misinterpreted your question (again). :p:
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course


Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.