Turn on thread page Beta

Black Eyed Peas Have Officially Written The Worst Song Ever watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't think this song is great, but songs aren't all about lyrics these days. Especially with stuff like techno around. Many people like BEPs and soulja boy because of the beat, or how easy it is to dance to.

But if you were to base songs on lyrics then by far the worst song EVER should be this annoying little frog, from all those years ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k85mRPqvMbE

I must admit, the creator of Crazy Frog must be some kind of creative genius, or he was simply off his head.

ReputationRep:
    I agree I don't like this song. But I think other songs they have done are pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    :gah: Finally someone else has noticed.
    at your sig..
    is that old man still on that island? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    People are saying the fact the lyrics are bad doesn't make the song bad. But that's ********. Aside from the fact that 1) they make the song REALLY ANNOYING and 2) they are a massive clue that you are, in terms of using the English language in a novel and thoughtful way, completely ******* useless, the rest of the music in I Gotta Feeling doesn't even make up for it. Some tracks repeat snatches of lyrics because lyrics are not what the track, the genre, the music is about. They are essentially just another riff (and yes, a song which consisted entirely of some poorly-thought-out variations of a **** riff would be **** even if there were decent songs around whose main gist and nub was riffing). When Daft Punk repeat the same lyrical line throughout the entire song that's because they're concentrating on the rest of the sounds and using the lyrical line as part of the whole. But with the Black Eyed Peas song it's fairly obvious that 1) the rest of the music is completely and utterly devoid of anything novel or interesting and 2) the lyrics are intended to be quite a big focal point in the song.

No, amazing lyrics are not absolutely essential to a good song, but they definitely help, and poor lyrics can definitely ruin a song as well. A song consists of more than just music and it should be judged as a whole, not by simply ignoring half its content. If you're going to bother actually writing lyrics for more than basically sampling purposes, which in the song in question they plainly have, then that pretty much gives everyone else the right to judge the song in those terms as well.

Besides, I ******* hated Around The World.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, funny video. BEP are one of my fave bands though, and to be fair, they have gone downhill and sold out over the years. Anyone remember this song from the 90s?

Or even this?

I'm just saying, they're not all that bad, so just think before you judge them on a few bad songs they've released in the last couple of years, because they do have some really good stuff from the past I guess they've just taken a new musical direction for a change, but I'm not too much of a fan with that. :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rue the whirl)
    He didnt even mention the worst thing which is that the title doesnt even make sense. "I gotta feeling". "I got to feeling".
    "I've got a feeling"

I think it's an American thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Used to really like this song, still pretty poor lyrics-wise however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimcatinnes)
    Umm I didn't mention electronica?

maybe you mean the post above me or if not please explain lool
    Yeh the other guy was referring that they were electronica. Wrong quote!

ReputationRep:
    How do I post youtube videos?

ReputationRep:
    That guy on the video is just jealous that instead of making money from these songs he's just sitting there trying to criticize them in a humorous way. Get a life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    Pretty damn old man.
    So is your mum but you still look at her everyday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmae)
    I thought that was the worst song ever?

:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jon838)
    at your sig..
    is that old man still on that island?
    Now that is a question and a half. He is and he isn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rue the whirl)
    He didnt even mention the worst thing which is that the title doesnt even make sense. "I gotta feeling". "I got to feeling".
    lol I didn't know it was possible to be simpler than the lyrics to this obnoxious song but jesus christ

Anyway nothing is as bad as anything by Fieldy's Dreams:

Top four reasons why this song is awful:

1) It's the bassist from Korn rapping.

2) "**** in a bag, light it on fire
    You open the door, there's a bag on fire"

3) "Trash can full of piss, leaned against your door,
    ding dong *****, ain't that a *****,
    you got piss on your floor, haha"

4) It's the bassist from Korn rapping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmae)
    I thought that was the worst song ever?

:shock: I just listened to that for a few seconds... What on earth is that?!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearly whoever made that video has the attention span of a gnat and has never heard any prog rock in his life.
    Not that I'm comparing prog rock to the bep, prog is by far superior in any way, what I mean is that if you can't take 1:30 of listening to the same thing over and over then you probably shouldn't be a music critic - most songs I've come across outside of my usual music tastes are more or less the same chords over and over.

ReputationRep:
    Rihanna & Lady Gaga - "Videophone"

You simply can't top that for sheer bad taste.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think it's their worst song. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably the only one, but I truly, truly believe this is the worst song ever:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkly-Star)
    :shock: I just listened to that for a few seconds... What on earth is that?!
    Worst song ever?

:yes:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.