Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone tried this?

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pag...=snail&rdcnt=1

It sounds absolutely disgusting...I never thought I'd be so desperate for nice skin. It's kind of pricey too. I'm not sure I can bring myself to put it on my skin.

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for from it? It contains glycolic acid, but does not give a percentage, so I assume not a lot of it.

ReputationRep:
    Snail gel has peptides which are supposedly good for skin repair - whether that be scarring, acne, pigmentation, fine lines. It's also antibacterial and it is rich in naturally occurring allantoine, collagen and elastine. It's not like putting slime on your face the product you get looks like any other cream. There is nothing concrete to prove it makes any difference though, despite the claims.

Personally I think it's a waste of time, it's another fad 'miracle' - you're money would be better invested in a complete package of good quality skincare products such as from Clarins, Matis or Elemis and perhaps the occasional facial to keep up with the regime. If you want to get rid of acne or scarring, perhaps see your GP or get yourself a proper glycolic serum nearing 20%.

ReputationRep:
    Snail gel :afraid:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    They tried this stuff out on "How to Look Good Naked", as an anti-wrinkle cream-and as far as I can remember, all the women that used is gave it rave reviews...

So perhaps that is one good use for snail gel? I think a few of them were a bit put off when they found out what the product contained, but many said their skin felt softer and their fine-lines were reduced.

Personally, I'm not sure if I'd bother. I think that you'll find that a bog-standad moisturiser will do just a good a job, if not better at "fading" fine lines and wrinkles. As long as your skin is hydrated and you don't smoke - I don't think there will be a need for any of these "anti-aging" products.

Just my little, science-based, viewpoint

But, you'll never know until you've tried it.

ReputationRep:
    It's absolutely amazing! Smells very fresh and doesnt feel, look or smell disgusting in the slightest. Works amazingly, I felt a massive breakout coming on and I used this and it actually prevented my under-the-skin spots from appearing. Clears acne so well, completely worth the money

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.