The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Have you already seen the patient? I would imagine you were supposed to look through their paper based medical notes or computerized hospital records when you were on the ward. At the moment there is no other way to access those records remotely.
Reply 2
If this is your hospital based patient (yes, i'm a leicester medic!) then you should be able to view their records on the ward they've been staying on.
Reply 3
Ender
If this is your hospital based patient (yes, i'm a leicester medic!) then you should be able to view their records on the ward they've been staying on.

They were just in hospital for a clinic visit (a once every 3 month check-up). I want to go back to talk to the consultant about the patient's illness and see their medical records. But the consultant wants to know about the 'rules' of seeing their records before letting me. :s-smilie:
Go down to the medical records department with your signed consent and ask to borrow them?
Reply 5
Unless the consultant is waiting for you to educate him/her about the rules, you dont need to involve them in your 'quest' for the notes.
The notes will be available in the clinic on the day they have their next appointment, if you want them earlier you can try going to the records department with your signed consent form.

PS. you could always email one of the P&D co-ordinators to clarify the 'rules' and just forward it to your consultant
Reply 6
Ender
Unless the consultant is waiting for you to educate him/her about the rules, you dont need to involve them in your 'quest' for the notes.
The notes will be available in the clinic on the day they have their next appointment, if you want them earlier you can try going to the records department with your signed consent form.

PS. you could always email one of the P&D co-ordinators to clarify the 'rules' and just forward it to your consultant

Cheers, I'm gonna PM you :smile:
Reply 7
If the patient has just been in clinic, liklihood is the notes will be with the consultant's secretary, and they'd be the best person to ring and ask first and will probably be able to tell you exactly where they are if not with her (/him). And if you're really lucky they might get them for you

Latest

Trending

Trending