Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Wren)
    It was so long ago that I had it I can't remember any of my account details

Someone please pm me!!
    https://www.spotify.com/uk/help/faq/...assword-reset/

If you've been using a consistent email address/remember which email you used, then you can recover them. That way, you don't waste somebody's invite.

(Original post by Wren)
    It was over a year ago I wiped my laptop, and I'd had it for like 2+ years before that, I don't even remember having to sign into it before or maybe I just never logged out :confused: Either way I haven't got the email I had back then in use anymore!

I don't want to be wasteful, I just want to listen to music
    Okie doke, was just trying to help

Sorry, 'waste,' was probably too harsh. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Where do you put your code? :B I found a place but it sends me to the page to sign up.

It's strange how it does that even though I am alreay log in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    Where do you put your code? :B I found a place but it sends me to the page to sign up.

It's strange how it does that even though I am alreay log in.
    Invitation code? So you already have an 'open' account, but have a code for a 'free' account? If so, I don't think you can upgrade like that:
    (Original post by FAQ)
    Can I switch between different products?
    Yes, you can switch between any of the products except between Spotify Open and Spotify Free. To upgrade to Spotify Premium continue to the Get Spotify Premium page. To downgrade from Spotify Premium to Spotify Unlimited, visit the cancellation page and click “Change to Spotify Unlimited”.
    I think in order to get a free account you will have to create a new account. Sign out from the Spotify website, go to https://www.spotify.com/uk/invitation/ put in your invite code and create a new account with a new username and email address.

If that's not what you're trying to do then please clarify

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    Invitation code? So you already have an 'open' account, but have a code for a 'free' account? If so, I don't think you can upgrade like that:

I think in order to get a free account you will have to create a new account. Sign out from the Spotify website, go to https://www.spotify.com/uk/invitation/ put in your invite code and create a new account with a new username and email address.

If that's not what you're trying to do then please clarify
    OH Godda**** .. So I have to re- register in order to use my code for an free acount?

ReputationRep:
    OH Godda**** .. So I have to re- register in order to use my code for an free acount?
    'fraid so

ReputationRep:
    'fraid so

Oh balls. Do you know how to deactivate an account?

ReputationRep:
    Oh balls. Do you know how to deactivate an account?
    It's not possible as far as I know. You could try contacting them directly to see if they can cancel the account completely for you, but whether that will allow you to then create a new account with the same email address I don't know. Contact form is here: https://www.spotify.com/uk/about/con...pport/?contact
    but to be honest it's going to be quicker and easier just to create a new email address to make a new account. Even using a temporary email address service will probably work, just make sure you don't forget your password else you won't be able to reset it.

ReputationRep:
    It's not possible as far as I know. You could try contacting them directly to see if they can cancel the account completely for you, but whether that will allow you to then create a new account with the same email address I don't know. Contact form is here: https://www.spotify.com/uk/about/con...pport/?contact
    but to be honest it's going to be quicker and easier just to create a new email address to make a new account. Even using a temporary email address service will probably work, just make sure you don't forget your password else you won't be able to reset it.
    I've just used my proper email, for uni and things like that. It's okay. It works and I think I now have an free account.
    Thanks for everything =]

ReputationRep:
    I've just used my proper email, for uni and things like that. It's okay. It works and I think I now have an free account.
    Thanks for everything =]
    No problem :top2:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a spotify free invite? i'll give rep as a thanks (PM me :])

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.