Turn on thread page Beta

How do girls feal about crossdressers? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Coool. Thanks for that. I am deffently more confidant about it now.

If you did date a cross dresser, didn't know before hand, when would you like to be told about it? Or would it be a convosation before the relashonship starts?

I'm pretty open about to my female friends, i haven't yet told any male friends/perants.

& cazamatazz, your partner doesnt know what hes missing out! lol.

Goths are cool ... I class myself as a metal head.
    I'd prefer to be told early on but if I found out later I would understand because its probably not something thats easy to come out and tell people but if you left it years then I would feel lied to in a way.

Plus it would suck if you waited months and months to tell a girl and then when you did she wasn't cool with it and left you, if you're honest from the begining and she doesn't like it at least you won't be too emotionally involved at that point and can have an easier time moving on and finding someone who is cool with you.

(Original post by kamc)
    I'd prefer to be told early on but if I found out later I would understand because its probably not something thats easy to come out and tell people but if you left it years then I would feel lied to in a way.

Plus it would suck if you waited months and months to tell a girl and then when you did she wasn't cool with it and left you, if you're honest from the begining and she doesn't like it at least you won't be too emotionally involved at that point and can have an easier time moving on and finding someone who is cool with you.
    Cool, thanks for that. If i get with a girl ill tell em early on, it could lead to an even better friendship than a relashonship can ever bring (sometimes)

Yeah it would suck. Thanks for the advice & opinions everyone x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kätzchen)
    Goth.
    Ah ok.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't bother me
    Ive never been out with someone who crossdresses but i don't think it would bother me at all.

ReputationRep:
    Does freak me out a bit sometimes, if its done badly. I saw a fuy yesterday who just didn't look right, if you're going to do it at least get rid of the facial hair. That said, I don't have a problem with it, its a choice of lifestyle. I'm sure many girls would find it a turn on, there have been some sexy guys who look kinda :coma: in a dress ( NO Katie Price's man does not spring to mind :laugh: )

ReputationRep:
    i dont like it personally-your jeans/top cant look better than mine....

ReputationRep:
    Of course, personality is still more important than this inclination, but I'd be disposed to like you, just for being a cross-dresser. Based on the (probably wrong) assumption that liking to cross-dress means you don't take yourself and the "man image" too seriously. I quite like people who don't take themselves (or gender etc. stereotypes) too seriously / don't give in to the pressure to conform.

ReputationRep:
    My best friend (who I'm kind of like, in love with... big messy when Harry met Sally situation) is a cross-dresser. When he told me, my initial instinct was to say 'ewwww' and back away quickly. Some time to think about his feelings, about the fact he trusted me enough to tell me, and the fact that it is a part of him made me realise that I just had to accept it. So now we go on amusing shopping trips for underwear, I do his make up every now and then, we're very good friends still and it hasn't affected our relationship when it dips into the romantic side of things.

The fact he has AMAZING legs in heels helps :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.