Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

3 main fashion trends this season? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    denim jackets with a straw hat and jeans and trainers

much like

lol.

ReputationRep:
    Florals
    Pastels/nudes
    Lace
    Nautical/stripes
    Leather, as always
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I heard on the radio it would be the silk equivalent of the track suit trousers (elasticated waistband comfy...but don't actually look like a tracksuit)...so far only seen one pair in the shops though...doesn't seem like they're going to be as popular as predicted

Advertising them as silk trackies probably wasn't the best marketing campaign :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I'm just reading this post to avoid what to wear.

cuzz I'm so damn alternativezzz
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by ipulledhermione)
    I'm just reading this post to avoid what to wear.

cuzz I'm so damn alternativezzz
    :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    vogue says jogging trousers... however this sounds rather like last years hareem trousers- something you wouldn't REALLY want to wear

ReputationRep:
    Did no one read the first post? :lolwut: OP is applying for topman!

ReputationRep:
    Here's the male runway list for 2010 http://www.fashionising.com/pictures...ures-1909.html

Though by looking on the streets I'd say everyone's still wearing checks.

Topman's own stuff consists of a lot of tight fitting clothes at the moment... (Though don't they always). So that might be worth a mention.

edit: Their own site says a lot of checked shirts and button downs too: http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/sto...angId=-1&top=Y

So I'd put that in.

ReputationRep:
    Borat mankinis. That's all you need.

ReputationRep:
    Workwear
    Prep
    Slim fit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phil2)
    Could someone please tell me what you think they are? I'm asking because I need to fill out this Topmanapplication form. im not too sure lol
    thanks
    If it's the Topshop application two answers are defiantly floral and nautical. I forgot the third but I'll try and find out

ReputationRep:
    thankyou
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by josilaphina)
    vogue says jogging trousers... however this sounds rather like last years hareem trousers- something you wouldn't REALLY want to wear
    Seems they've thought of better name for the 'silk trackies' since I heard about them but I'll agree with you...they're still not an appealing item of clothing :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.