Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I the only person that's never bought an album..... like ever? watch

ReputationRep:
    no, i'm being serious, I never have...

However much i love an artist / band / group and or their music I've just never actually completed the transaction to buy an album from store, I have thousands of songs on the PC anyway and hundreds on my phone but i'd realistically just never use a CD or listen to music like that - It just doesn't appeal to me

I'd even rather play it through a speaker system with an Ipod or something but music on CD format just doesn't appeal to me.....

I'm like the only person like this right.....? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    with things like spotify, and of course, the ways of getting music illegally i wouldnt be surprised if you werent the only one.

ReputationRep:
    You're missing out, brother.

ReputationRep:
    I've bought like 10 in my whole life.

ReputationRep:
    No, your not the only person (i too am in the same position thanks to Ares!)

ReputationRep:
    I used to download nearly all my music and now I use Spotify. I still bought one or two CD's though.

ReputationRep:
    I don't suspect that it'll be the norm in 10-15 years, but it makes me quite sad... there's something special about a new CD.

ReputationRep:
    I own a few Elliot Minor records, a single from The Feeling and a single from Simple Plan. That's It. The rest of the music I buy is digital, and they are on my computer as well as on an external drive, not forgetting my ipod.

ReputationRep:
    I only ever buy albums. Never ever downloaded anything in my life.

(Original post by Retrospect)
    I don't suspect that it'll be the norm in 10-15 years, but it makes me quite sad... there's something special about a new CD.
    :ditto:

It's a real shame! There's a certain quality with taking a CD out of it's case, placing it in a player and listening through a speaker system of whatnot. Much like vinyls. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)

It's a real shame! There's a certain quality with taking a CD out of it's case, placing it in a player and listening through a speaker system of whatnot. Much like vinyls. :ninja:
    I like that... Mind you, I use the CD once to burn it to my laptop then play it off Media Player / MP3 from then on... xD But then I've always got a copy if my laptop or whatnot goes haywire.
    Vinyls... I used to call them "those big black round things" when I was little - made my Mum feel old. XD

ReputationRep:
    i'm pretty certain there's a few starving africans in your position unfortunately
    i wish i was in your position i've probably spent 2-3 grand on albums in the last 5 years

ReputationRep:
    I've never bought an album ever and yet have hundreds of them. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I used to download so much,
    but with spotify I don't bother.

I still prefer CDs anyday,
    the physical form is better than the digital.

ReputationRep:
    I used to buy CD's all the time. I was another one who thought there was something special about buying a new CD - it was the only way I used to be absolutely sure of getting the genuine copy (before iTunes). I have quite a big collection of CD's actually. However, with them all being on my laptop/iPod, they never get played anymore, so over the last year I've converted over to iTunes and now I download new albums this way. I know I'm probably one of the rare few who actually buys all his music still, and I'm probably quite a fool for doing so, seeing how much I spend on it (I worked out the other day that just between September and now I've spent about £360 on iTunes!) - but there's something about buying it where you know that what you're getting is the genuine, premium-quality and legal version. For some reason, that's important to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)

I know... I say all this and I'm turning away from the CD myself. :nn:

Thanks so much for the rep, btw! Long live the CD. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I remember the first album I bought, I was 13. I'd saved up my dinner money for a week (£2 a day) and went to asda to get the album with the coolest looking cover I could find. I came home with American Idiot - Green Day, to the day its one of my favourite albums

I just like the feeling of going to a shop and buying the music, bringing it home and sitting down for an hour to enjoy it. Sure, I could download it, but I find I get lazy then. It's just too easy to get, and I dont force myself to like it; if I dont like it after the first listen, Ill just delete it off my hard drive and get another one. I MAKE myself get the money out of the CD.

Plus, I like the hard copy for when my computer fails.

ReputationRep:
    I like to buy CDs when i can, to show support to the artist and just have that hard copy & all that, unfortunately funds don't allow for buying all music this way

ReputationRep:
    This is my favourite band ever !!!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/As-Worlds-Collide/103802076142?ref=ts

ReputationRep:
    I swear I'm the only one who buys Vinyl (from time to time)...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.