Turn on thread page Beta

Am I the only person that's never bought an album..... like ever? watch

ReputationRep:
    no, i'm being serious, I never have...

However much i love an artist / band / group and or their music I've just never actually completed the transaction to buy an album from store, I have thousands of songs on the PC anyway and hundreds on my phone but i'd realistically just never use a CD or listen to music like that - It just doesn't appeal to me

I'd even rather play it through a speaker system with an Ipod or something but music on CD format just doesn't appeal to me.....

I'm like the only person like this right.....? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    with things like spotify, and of course, the ways of getting music illegally i wouldnt be surprised if you werent the only one.

ReputationRep:
    You're missing out, brother.

ReputationRep:
    I've bought like 10 in my whole life.

ReputationRep:
    No, your not the only person (i too am in the same position thanks to Ares!)

ReputationRep:
    I used to download nearly all my music and now I use Spotify. I still bought one or two CD's though.

ReputationRep:
    I don't suspect that it'll be the norm in 10-15 years, but it makes me quite sad... there's something special about a new CD.

ReputationRep:
    I own a few Elliot Minor records, a single from The Feeling and a single from Simple Plan. That's It. The rest of the music I buy is digital, and they are on my computer as well as on an external drive, not forgetting my ipod.

ReputationRep:
    I only ever buy albums. Never ever downloaded anything in my life.

(Original post by Retrospect)
    I don't suspect that it'll be the norm in 10-15 years, but it makes me quite sad... there's something special about a new CD.
    :ditto:

It's a real shame! There's a certain quality with taking a CD out of it's case, placing it in a player and listening through a speaker system of whatnot. Much like vinyls. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)

It's a real shame! There's a certain quality with taking a CD out of it's case, placing it in a player and listening through a speaker system of whatnot. Much like vinyls. :ninja:
    I like that... Mind you, I use the CD once to burn it to my laptop then play it off Media Player / MP3 from then on... xD But then I've always got a copy if my laptop or whatnot goes haywire.
    Vinyls... I used to call them "those big black round things" when I was little - made my Mum feel old. XD

ReputationRep:
    i'm pretty certain there's a few starving africans in your position unfortunately
    i wish i was in your position i've probably spent 2-3 grand on albums in the last 5 years

ReputationRep:
    I've never bought an album ever and yet have hundreds of them. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I used to download so much,
    but with spotify I don't bother.

I still prefer CDs anyday,
    the physical form is better than the digital.

ReputationRep:
    I used to buy CD's all the time. I was another one who thought there was something special about buying a new CD - it was the only way I used to be absolutely sure of getting the genuine copy (before iTunes). I have quite a big collection of CD's actually. However, with them all being on my laptop/iPod, they never get played anymore, so over the last year I've converted over to iTunes and now I download new albums this way. I know I'm probably one of the rare few who actually buys all his music still, and I'm probably quite a fool for doing so, seeing how much I spend on it (I worked out the other day that just between September and now I've spent about £360 on iTunes!) - but there's something about buying it where you know that what you're getting is the genuine, premium-quality and legal version. For some reason, that's important to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)

I know... I say all this and I'm turning away from the CD myself. :nn:

Thanks so much for the rep, btw! Long live the CD. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I remember the first album I bought, I was 13. I'd saved up my dinner money for a week (£2 a day) and went to asda to get the album with the coolest looking cover I could find. I came home with American Idiot - Green Day, to the day its one of my favourite albums

I just like the feeling of going to a shop and buying the music, bringing it home and sitting down for an hour to enjoy it. Sure, I could download it, but I find I get lazy then. It's just too easy to get, and I dont force myself to like it; if I dont like it after the first listen, Ill just delete it off my hard drive and get another one. I MAKE myself get the money out of the CD.

Plus, I like the hard copy for when my computer fails.

ReputationRep:
    I like to buy CDs when i can, to show support to the artist and just have that hard copy & all that, unfortunately funds don't allow for buying all music this way

ReputationRep:
    This is my favourite band ever !!!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/As-Worlds-Collide/103802076142?ref=ts

ReputationRep:
    I swear I'm the only one who buys Vinyl (from time to time)...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.