Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I the only person that's never bought an album..... like ever? watch

ReputationRep:
    That is crazy! You really should, album tracks are :coma: And it's what the artists want you to hear :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I think the last album I paid for was like Busted when I was 14ish.

ReputationRep:
    I think its kind of sad that younger people aren't buying physical albums as much nowadays, I guess they'll completely die out in 10 years time.

Theres just something special about having the actual CD. Its kind of like books or even newspapers, I'd much rather have a physical copy than read the electronic versions. Plus I like collecting all the albums and singles from my favourite artists, and having them all lined up together.

And assuming you're not illegally downloading, its often cheaper, or only a couple of pounds more, to buy the actual CD. I've never paid to download an album in my life.

ReputationRep:
    I am strongly against downloads, it puts independent record shops out of business. If possible you should buy from somewhere like Rough Trade as opposed to HMV. I prefer vinyl LP anyway.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.