Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

8 out of 10 cats > Mock the Week? watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone agree? I mean especially since Mock the Week lost Frankie Boyle...it's just not like it was before...

Apart from Jimmy Carrs somewhat annoying laughter...but aside that I laugh a lot more at 8 out of 10 cats than at Mock the Week even though I used to love Mock the Week.

You thoughts...

ReputationRep:
    i tend to have more of an allegiance with mock the week (dara o'briain is a legend) but 8 out of 10 cats is still something i'll watch whenever its on as jason manford is a crackup.

ReputationRep:
    Not in my opinion. Jimmy Carr's jokes are too scripted and the guests are mostly stupid e.g. Big brother contestants, basically the trash that's in front of magazines :dry:

Mock the Week is nothing without Frankie Boyle, I watch it less now that the legend has gone...but it is still full on pure 100% comedy with everybody being established comedians (except the abomination Russell Howard :sigh:). I wish it was all 30 minutes straight of 'scenes we'd like to see' :woo: it's the best part :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Does anyone agree? I mean especially since Mock the Week lost Frankie Boyle...it's just not like it was before...

Apart from Jimmy Carrs somewhat annoying laughter...but aside that I laugh a lot more at 8 out of 10 cats than at Mock the Week even though I used to love Mock the Week.

You thoughts...
    I used to prefer mock the week, but without frankie boyle it is just like the rest of the panel shows. I like 8 out of 10 cats.. but they could use some more decent guests.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand mock the week, apart from dara it seems to just be full of unfunny second rate 'comedians' like russel howard, what a tool he is

ReputationRep:
    I have to agree OP,Sean Locke has me in stiches :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    8 out of 10 cats is jokes--so funny. But I think I laughed once when watching Mock the Week... It's not so funny.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the guests.

Generally I prefer MTW, probably because of Dara and the lack of ex Big Brother house mates as guests.

ReputationRep:
    QI > All

ReputationRep:
    Mock the Week > 8 Out of 10 Cats.
    Always has been.
    Always will be.
    Two words for you.
    Dara
    O'Briain (sp?).

ReputationRep:
    mock the week puts 8 out of 10 cats to shame..absolute shaame

btw jimmy carrs laugh LOOOL

ReputationRep:
    I prefer Mock The Week. I will always miss Frankie Boyle, but they have still had some genuinely funny moments in the new series. I understand that people do miss him, but I don't think it's as **** as everyone makes out - they occasionally have painfully unfunny guests, but then they always did!

ReputationRep:
    It's a tough call. I was never really a fan of Frankie Boyle, so him leaving I'm not too bothered about. But I love Dara O'Briain! And to be fair, the others do give me a good laugh. As for 8 out of 10 Cats, I'm quite a fan of Jimmy Carr, despite how much he relies on scripting, he's still bloody funny, seen him live twice. And Sean Lock, brilliant! Watching 15 Storeys High right now. Also seen him live at his DVD recording. But the guests on Cats tend to be quite...well **** really.

So I can't choose which is better, I love both shows!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    I have to agree OP,Sean Locke has me in stiches :rofl:

Sean Locke annoys me entirely tbh. He drags on his own joke when its clear it should have moved on.

But on topic; MTW is still better overall I think. Dara, Hugh and occasionally some of the guests are quite good. Andy Parsons and Russel Howard annoy me at times. Especially Andy Parsons; he's just not funny.
    Jimmy Carr is great for his deadpan but Sean Locke annoys me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    QI > All
    Lol I was going to say QI > World :laugh:
    Beat me to it!
    My absolute favourite show!

ReputationRep:
    Nope, its the other way round! Easily! Mock the Week > 8 out of 10 cats.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I prefer Mock the Week. It has Hugh Dennis :love:

ReputationRep:
    8 out of 10 cats is soooo jokes, i love sean lock, i want him to adopt me

ReputationRep:
    I've always loved them equally, but 8 Out Of 10 Cats is probably topping now due to Frankie Boyle leaving MtW. I also think Russell Howard's jokes mainly consist of making stupid childish noises and waving his arms about so that brings it down a little.

Though sometimes the guests on 8 Out Of 10 Cats leaves a bit to be desired...

ReputationRep:
    THIS

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.