Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer of ABB from the University of Sheffield. Is this course any good? Is it accredited by the IBMS and can I become a Biomedical Scientist this way?

Also, any good for post-graduate Medicine entry? :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if I should bump, but does anyone know about this?

ReputationRep:
    Itsvery good

Good according to leage tabes anyway

check:

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/tol_...ub=9&x=17&y=16
    Number 5

ReputationRep:
    Is Biological Science ranked the same as Biomedical Science? I can't find any specific league tables for Biomedical Science.

ReputationRep:
    It was the second best place last year for reasearch last year, behind the cancer research foundation. Its a really flexible degree, can branch off to what your interested in after the first year easily as they combined 3 or 4 degrees a few years back giving a broad biomedical degree with lots of module choices. Also you can pick which method of assesment you prefer, ie. coursework, examinations etc. And sheffields a great uni with a good social side.

source : i was meant to go last year but didnt get the grades, whoops

ReputationRep:
    i don't think its accredited you need to look on the IBMS, if its not you may need to do top up modules to cover it

and for medicine anywhere is good as long as you get a 2.1 or a 1st and use your time at uni well

ReputationRep:
    Looked on the website, only Sheffield Hallam is accredited >.<

How would you go about doing top up modules? An extra year? OR can you do it in the course?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.