Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Done something pretty bad to my girlfriend...... will buying her a netbook make her.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    basically.. long story short my girlfriend and her dad are pretty mad at me.....

if i buy her a laptop will she forgive me..
    the laptop is 59£ and is windows 2000.. she hasn't got a laptop and i figure it will be pretty useful for her at uni.. i am currently bidding on ebay.. !

advice

what else could i buy her

ReputationRep:
    Money isn't the answer. Neither is buying a cheap unreliable netbook. Apologise, go and see her, write her a letter. Grow some balls and sort it out properly dude

ReputationRep:
    A second hand laptop from eBay wouldn't make up for being a **** boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    A second hand laptop from eBay wouldn't make up for being a **** boyfriend.
    sorry.. i'm not a "**** boyfriend" i'm just gonna swallow my pride and then accept that i did sumat wrong ( no ide awhat) and then try and make up.... can't be bothered with this argument and i wana do the right thing

ReputationRep:
    On second thoughts, looking at your grades, HELP!
    I need CCC and dont think im going to get them. I need CCC in Chemistry, Biology & Business to get a place on a gateway vet med course. Any ideas? :/

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what you did. If you broke her netbook, then yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peblo123)
    On second thoughts, looking at your grades, HELP!
    I need CCC and dont think im going to get them. I need CCC in Chemistry, Biology & Business to get a place on a gateway vet med course. Any ideas? :/
    yeah.. my method of revision is to purchase the endorsed textbooks by the exam board and learn them pretty much word for word! good luck !

ReputationRep:
    so guys... this laptop idae.. should i bid?

ReputationRep:
    windows 2000????hahahahah thats like saying i'd buy her flowers with no petals

ReputationRep:
    Ha £60 Laptop with Windows 2000? If you want to show her your sorry, but a real laptop for a start. Obviously don't break the bank but £250 minimum for a decent laptop nowadays. Windows 7

ReputationRep:
    I think you should take a trip to H&R whilst you're here.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, no. (Unless of course you ****** up her existing laptop and would be replacing it with one of equal or greater value--which, if you broke hers, you should do anyway.)

What did you do wrong? Perhaps thinking about how you could atone for that would be a good place to start.

ReputationRep:
    How did you get AAAA as AS? I only got AABBBBCCDE at GCSE :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Ha £60 Laptop with Windows 2000? If you want to show her your sorry, but a real laptop for a start. Obviously don't break the bank but £250 minimum for a decent laptop nowadays. Windows 7
    max budget is like 80£ i just got myself a PS3 so funds are a bit low! Do u think she would appreciate a box set of LOST instead? i cud get series 1,3 and 4 for around 70£

ReputationRep:
    nah! money not the answer buddy!
    TALK TO HER!

ReputationRep:
    How did you get AAAA as AS? I only got AABBBBCCDE at GCSE :/
    what do u mean

ReputationRep:
    As shallow as it sounds it probably will. Depends on the girl as well though.

ReputationRep:
    Money isn't the answer. Neither is buying a cheap unreliable netbook. Apologise, go and see her, write her a letter. Grow some balls and sort it out properly dude
    shows how little you know about women

ReputationRep:
    Don't.
    Seriously.

She will roll her eyes, and most likely get even madder you think you can just buy her over.

Go apologize to her face. If you can't do that write her a letter.

Don't try this over the phone, by text, email or anything like that.

If you've already bought the laptop, then wait til you've apologized and she's accepted it THEN give her it

ReputationRep:
    Yeah to be honest, you really need to talk it through. Whatever the arguement is, it will still be there even after you attempt to buy her out.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.