Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Done something pretty bad to my girlfriend...... will buying her a netbook make her.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desertwarrior)
    the laptop is 59£ and is windows 2000..
    i'd break up with you if i were her

(Original post by WEB)
    shows how little you know about women
    Rather this shows how little you know about women. I certainly wouldn't like a gift no matter how big or small instead of an apology, seriously it could be a house or Ferrari and I still wouldn't be interested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by refref)
    Are you the guy with 299 feedback? Why does it look as if you have been bidding against nobody?
    i have a reserve and it autobids up until it is reached

ReputationRep:
    Are you the guy with 299 feedback? Why does it look as if you have been bidding against nobody?
    That's what I was going to ask, I thought it was a troll days ago, it convinced me in its deleted thread and now it's too obvious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    windows 2000????hahahahah thats like saying i'd buy her flowers with no petals
    is thet a bad idea?

ReputationRep:
    i have a reserve and it autobids up until it is reached
    It outbids itself? I'd change it!!

What about this thing where you don't know what you did but at least two of us saw your deleted thread earlier?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect_Gent)
    It outbids itself? I'd change it!!

What about this thing where you don't know what you did but at least two of us saw your deleted thread earlier?
    yes.. my reserve is 70£

ReputationRep:
    How do you have 299 feedback? How much stuff do you buy off ebay?

Maybe you could stop wasting all that money on ebay and buy better laptops!

Even if you are a troll, that laptop is not worth £50 hahaha.
    i sell things for my friends e.g. t shirts

ReputationRep:
    How do you have 299 feedback? How much stuff do you buy off ebay?

Maybe you could stop wasting all that money on ebay and buy better laptops!

Even if you are a troll, that laptop is not worth £50 hahaha.

*edit*

Actually please, I'm begging you. I don't care about your girlfriend, but please dont spend more than £50 on this laptop. Its worth about £25.

DONT SPEND ANY MORE MONEY PLEASE! Money is not to be wasted on crappy laptops. He is ripping you off if you spend £70.
    well.. it looks pretty good.. a laptop for her for <100£ is decent surely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parpirate)
    Rather this shows how little you know about women. I certainly wouldn't like a gift no matter how big or small instead of an apology, seriously it could be a house or Ferrari and I still wouldn't be interested.
    if anything it only shows how little i know about you...most women like gifts, as do most people in general

ReputationRep:
    Money and objects are not the answer.

The answer is in apologising to her for causing a scene and to her dad for punching him. He didn't do anything but try and protect his daughter. You were violent in his home and damaged the items in her room, on top of that you are violent toward her father at a later date. I think you need to learn to control your temper and actions before you do anything else.

Buying your way out is not going to help. It may not even work and it isn't the way you should be responding to the situation, you are missing the point - that being that he may have asked you to stay away from his daughter but you violently attacked him in his own home. In fact you are fortunate he didn't call the police.

Go round, make your peace with her family and show her what a kind and loving person and boyfriend you can be. If anything, replace the items you damaged in her room and buy her a bunch of flowers as a small gift and mean it when you apologise to her father in front of her.

ReputationRep:
    Ok. Just tell me that you wont buy that laptop. Not because she will slap you when you give it to her, but because the person selling it does not deserve more than £25 for that.....thing.
    it has office pro thogh

ReputationRep:
    it has office pro thogh
    Which version? and how about answering the question about punching her dad?

ReputationRep:
    Which version? and how about answering the question about punching her dad?
    yeah i regret that but he was out of order meddling in our relationship.. she told him to back off and he then told me to stay away.. what is the right there!?
    and am not sure about the version, but it says "pro version" so i assume it is the "profressional version"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BTCC Fan)
    I think that all will happen is she will hit you on the head with the laptop ...
    Totally what i think any gf would do, and just cos shes never had a laptop doesnt mean that she wont notice the os is a decade old with perhaps things she sends from uni not being compatible. Terrible present and terrible idea to give her anything in this situation as Alan in Two and a Half Men said you need to grovel and know anything you give will be flying at your head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    Totally what i think any gf would do, and just cos shes never had a laptop doesnt mean that she wont notice the os is a decade old with perhaps things she sends from uni not being compatible. Terrible present and terrible idea to give her anything in this situation as Alan in Two and a Half Men said you need to grovel and know anything you give will be flying at your head.
    ever heard of the saying..

"it's the thought that counts"?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i regret that but he was out of order meddling in our relationship..
    but you claimed you didn't know what you'd done?

ReputationRep:
    but you claimed you didn't know what you'd done?
    that doesn't really count as he deserved it!! i ment things to her not him

ReputationRep:

you're a fucking retard, dude.

you've punched your girfriend's dad. you should be happy she's still with you. you're just a fucking beast, a wild animal that should be kept locked up in a cage for the public's amusement. you shouldn't be let near a computer, let alone other people.

http://www.umich.edu/~engl415/childa...es/monster.gif

hideous beast, that's you

ReputationRep:

But its not the thought if youve put so little in youre getting something thats redundant - most laptops are outdated in 18months thats a decade old! Plus youre ignoring a lot of people saying its a dumb move. The thought she wants is a sincere apology and the more thoughtful presents wont get smacked across your head like this one.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.