Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Done something pretty bad to my girlfriend...... will buying her a netbook make her.. watch

ReputationRep:
    lol @ you people giving this troll advice :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    you're a ******* idiot, who honestly thinks that buying someone presents will make up for being a ***** bf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    It depends on what you did. If you broke her netbook, then yes.

This lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    This lmao
    unlucky about cambridge mate, ur bmat is outstanding.. highest i've seen!! 23.3 :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desertwarrior)
    that doesn't really count as he deserved it!! i ment things to her not him
    You smashed up her stuff and want to buy her a laptop my technophobe aged aunt would reject?

ReputationRep:
    Not you again?! Let's face it, her dad's right that she should stay away from you seeing as you're clearly in too arrogant and ignorant state of mind to deal with a decent relationship. The fact that she hasn't dumped you by now means that she's probably not looking for anything all that serious as you don't see to be long-term boyfriend material. All that's going to happen is it's going to last until she's cheated enough times for you to end it, unless she sees sense to run off with someone else first. Hope you've enjoyed seeing all these posts as a result of you. But you have, eh?

ReputationRep:
    tbh... buying her a cheap as netbook wouldn't do **** :P just shout her some kfc :cool:

Weren't you the one earlier saying you wrecked her room and punched her dad?

Now you want to buy her a retarded laptop?

How can someone predicted 4A*'s be such a a DAAAMBO?

Ah forget it, get her a screwdriver, maybe she can tune yo' head up.

ReputationRep:
    Jeyzus christ man! a second hand, out-of-date notebook (2000 is the 9th os, windows7 is 13th) is just gonna look like what it is, cheap! and thats a bad reflection on you at this time!

If what you've done is bad enough to piss of even her dad then even a brand new top of the range laptop isn't going to redeem you! plus, a father isn't going to appreciate the notion that his daughter can be bought. The only way you are getting on their good side is to be a man and bite the bullet, meet up with her dad, take a friend for support if he's the scary 'could make you disappear if he wanted' type of dad, you need to show him you feel entirely responsible for your ****-up and that you care for and value his daughter, (you might not want to throw love in their at this heated avenue it'd sound desperate and insincere rephrase it if you can), listen to him! for gods sake listen! because hes likely going to rant but somewhere in there you'll find out how he really feels and when he calms down he will realise that you care for his daughter enough to put yourself in the current position (at his mercy).

He may allow you to talk to her. If you get the opportunity, don't for a second try to make excuses, because she's pissed and regardless of whatever reasoning you might think you have, your actions hurt her and she needs to be allowed to hate you without feeling guilty WHICH SHE ISN'T! YOU ARE! and any attempt to turn it around will just get her more pissed off, and up comes daddy, but being there and listening to what she has to say and how she feels and being genuinely remorseful will at least show her you care about your mistakes! and you my friend, will be on step one of a long road back to her good books. I'm telling you this because this is advice i gave to a friend of mine who cheated on his girlfriend with her best friend, if this is what you did i can tell you now, you've hung yourself and coming back from that is a hell of of a job! but this should be a start. and for gods sake YOU ARE TO BLAME, SHE IS HURT AND ANGRY, HER FATHER WOULD HAPPILY KILL YOU RIGHT NOW. SO BE INTELLIGENT, HONEST, AND STOP BEING AN ARSE! hope this helps.

ReputationRep:

:troll:

ReputationRep:
    unlucky about oxford mate, ur bmat is outstanding.. highest i've seen!! 23.3 :|
    Ahh thanks a lot. Hope things get sorted with your gf. For the record, the notebook is a bad idea.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be a bit offended tbh.

ReputationRep:
    sorry.. i'm not a "**** boyfriend" i'm just gonna swallow my pride and then accept that i did sumat wrong ( no ide awhat) and then try and make up.... can't be bothered with this argument and i wana do the right thing
    Aren't you the guy who punched his gf's dad? Because that would be the thing you have done wrong.

ReputationRep:
    you're going to try to buy her back?

yeah you sound like a real catch.

basically.. long story short my girlfriend and her dad are pretty mad at me.....

if i buy her a laptop will she forgive me..
    the laptop is 59£ and is windows 2000.. she hasn't got a laptop and i figure it will be pretty useful for her at uni.. i am currently bidding on ebay.. !

advice

what else could i buy her
    You could buy her some mace.

ReputationRep:
    If someone tried to buy me with a 60 quid laptop running 2000 I'd smash their face into the ground for implying I'm cheap

ReputationRep:
    Actual lol

(Original post by WEB)
    if anything it only shows how little i know about you...most women like gifts, as do most people in general
    But not as a method of resolving a problem, that can only be done through talking or by physically doing something :rolleyes:. Unless of course you only know shallow, materialistic people?

ReputationRep:
    Second hand? Cheapskate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ('',))
    Second hand? Cheapskate.
    Jailbaitings :rofl:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.