Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Dying hair blonde from dark brown/black? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

So, I've been toying with going blonde for a while but the thing is I have quite dark brown hair and eyebrows (like almost black). My skin is very pale - there's a picture on my profile, although my hair isn't red any more, it's back to dark brown, and it's a lot longer without a fringe.

Colorwise I want to look something like Sophie from Mamma Mia or a bit darker (like a honey blonde).

Spoiler:
    Show

Has anyone done this before? Do you think it would look really awful? I'd do it a salon, of course.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, i think your face would look better with brown or black hair; i'd say in fact that blond hair would make you in the average looking, but darker hair would be sexy! (btw i'm a girl so it's not a weird comment or anything =P)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonlight_freakout)
    Personally, i think your face would look better with brown or black hair; i'd say in fact that blond hair would make you in the average looking, but darker hair would be sexy! (btw i'm a girl so it's not a weird comment or anything =P)
    Thanks
    That was the other thing I was worrying about...guh. Maybe I'll try one of those websites where you can upload a picture and "try on" different styles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tzareenah)
    Thanks
    That was the other thing I was worrying about...guh. Maybe I'll try one of those websites where you can upload a picture and "try on" different styles.
    haha! or you could go try on a wig or something, like those for Halloween...that could give you an idea of how you'd look!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't even bother spending 50+ quid at the salon, that hair colour you currently have doesn't look that dark.

You could do it for under fifteen quid at home, with some Jerome Russell B Blonde (For medium to dark hair), and a semi permanent dye to put over in whichever blonde shade you wish.

I did this, and I loved it! xx

ReputationRep:
    I think dark hair suits you better :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonlight_freakout)
    Ditto to this. Your hair looks nice dark brown. A girl in my maths class had died her hair blonde and looked so much better brunette. Blonde hair in my opinion is hard to pull off unless it's natural.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.