Turn on thread page Beta

The 2010, Honorary Member Welcoming, Undergraduate Degree Results Chat Thread Mk. V watch

ReputationRep:
    Death metal makes my ears bleed :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smeh)
    Death metal makes my ears bleed :nothing:
    :borat: babyyy

ReputationRep:
    :bhangra:

Evening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Evening
    :woo: finally a nice person, other than smeh!

ReputationRep:
    :hi:

Don't acknowledge the right just where I'm wrong :love:

:hi:

How be peoplezzz?

(Original post by dichr0ic)
    :woo: finally a nice person, other than smeh!
    7 more warnings? :eek3:

:grin: others are nice too though :yep:

How you today dude?

yes they are, but pretty much everyone's gone

i'm okay, i missed my one lesson today so i've just been doing some maths and stuff. i still need to go shopping before sainsbury's closes :teehee:

how are you, loz?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'd delete that top line if I were you, before you get more warnings and get banned :sad:

Thats not too bad, at least it was productive anyway. I need to do some maths in a bit, but its parametrics and I'm not too good at it. I want to get a tutor, I've just asked my old maths teacher who is amazing but its £25 an hour I might be able to afford it but its £100 less in my savings a month. Oh well :rolleyes:

I'm ok, really tired and trying to relax with some cider. Making me sleepy :lol: Done an 8 hour shift at work today and finally sorted my tax out :woo:

And get to Sainbury's! :whip2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Thats not too bad, at least it was productive anyway. I need to do some maths in a bit, but its parametrics and I'm not too good at it. I want to get a tutor, I've just asked my old maths teacher who is amazing but its £25 an hour I might be able to afford it but its £100 less in my savings a month. Oh well :rolleyes:

I'm ok, really tired and trying to relax with some cider. Making me sleepy :lol: Done an 8 hour shift at work today and finally sorted my tax out :woo:

And get to Sainbury's! :whip2:
    i had tutoring for a while, with a chinese man my parents knew :proud: i think they gave him £20 for each time, but it was more than an hour i think

:zomg: 8 hour shift?! whaaaaat! was the tax for your bike?

soon :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think 15-20 is the norm, but I guess some can make a case for going higher than that.

fyi, I would charge you £10 an hour. £15 if I have to drive ~15 mins or more. Something like that anyway.

i had tutoring for a while, with a chinese man my parents knew :proud: i think they gave him £20 for each time, but it was more than an hour i think

:zomg: 8 hour shift?! whaaaaat! was the tax for your bike?

soon :unsure:
    Yea I had an hours lunch break though, its a full days work (9-1 and 2-6) but I enjoy it. I think its worth my tutor though, he taught me from year 8 to year 12 and he really knows how I work and understand things (plus I have all his tricks which I still use to this day, so it is logical)

I'll just have to make a budget that is all and especially now I'm weaning my way off of chocolate and that then I will have some more money

Yea the tax was for my bike, my current one doesn't run out until the 28th but I wanted to get it done. Its only £15 a year compared to like £120 for a car so I can't complain :p:

(Original post by m:)ckel)
    Yeah, I think 15-20 is the norm, but I guess some can make a case for going higher than that.

fyi, I would charge you £10 an hour. £15 if I have to drive ~15 mins or more. Something like that anyway.
    Depends where you live :p: I live in the south west.

It makes sense coz he is an epoc teacher, he's taught me for 4 years (Yr 8 -Yr 12) so he knows how I work and that, and I understand things when he explains them to me so the money is well worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Depends where you live :p: I live in the south west.

It makes sense coz he is an epoc teacher, he's taught me for 4 years (Yr 8 -Yr 12) so he knows how I work and that, and I understand things when he explains them to me so the money is well worth it.
    Yeah, I wasn't suggesting I do it for you. I would never go out of London to tutor someone! But that's how much I would charge.

ReputationRep:
    I am an epic teacher too btw.

(Original post by m:)ckel)
    Yeah, I wasn't suggesting I do it for you. I would never go out of London to tutor someone! But that's how much I would charge.
    Tis a good rate, especially if you are a good teacher (which by your posts I can tell your teling the truth)

Maybe you should set up an agency. now and just before exams is when people want tutors, and £10 ph in London you can't go wrong!

ReputationRep:
    I don't really have the know-how/contacts/proper teaching experience to set up my own agency, but I am currently doing a few shifts here and there at a learning centre, so that's a start. Get a bit of word of mouth going and everything. I do quite like tutoring, but once I get a full-time job then I don't know how much time I'll have for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Yea I had an hours lunch break though, its a full days work (9-1 and 2-6) but I enjoy it. I think its worth my tutor though, he taught me from year 8 to year 12 and he really knows how I work and understand things (plus I have all his tricks which I still use to this day, so it is logical)

I'll just have to make a budget that is all and especially now I'm weaning my way off of chocolate and that then I will have some more money

Yea the tax was for my bike, my current one doesn't run out until the 28th but I wanted to get it done. Its only £15 a year compared to like £120 for a car so I can't complain :p:
    :eek: what do you work as?

why are you weaning yourself off chocolate? why?!

:cool:

Nahh thats true. I know an A level student who finished his A levels (AAAB in the end in Maths, Chem, Bio and Physics) and he made a bit of money in his gap year doing a little bit of private teaching, but of course thats dependany on how soon you want to find a full time job.

The learning centre most definatly is a good start

:eek: what do you work as?

why are you weaning yourself off chocolate? why?!

:cool:
    I work as a Dispensary assistant. I love my job but its long hours in some cases, especially if I start locuming after uni.

I am weaning off chocolate to lessen my sugar intake, and save some more money. I'm not stoppping eating it altogether though and replacing it with more fruit and veg.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.