Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The 2010, Honorary Member Welcoming, Undergraduate Degree Results Chat Thread Mk. V Watch

ReputationRep:
    Death metal makes my ears bleed :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smeh)
    Death metal makes my ears bleed :nothing:
    :borat: babyyy

ReputationRep:
    :bhangra:

Evening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Evening
    :woo: finally a nice person, other than smeh!

ReputationRep:
    :hi:

Don't acknowledge the right just where I'm wrong :love:

:hi:

How be peoplezzz?

(Original post by dichr0ic)
    :woo: finally a nice person, other than smeh!
    7 more warnings? :eek3:

:grin: others are nice too though :yep:

How you today dude?

yes they are, but pretty much everyone's gone

i'm okay, i missed my one lesson today so i've just been doing some maths and stuff. i still need to go shopping before sainsbury's closes :teehee:

how are you, loz?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'd delete that top line if I were you, before you get more warnings and get banned :sad:

Thats not too bad, at least it was productive anyway. I need to do some maths in a bit, but its parametrics and I'm not too good at it. I want to get a tutor, I've just asked my old maths teacher who is amazing but its £25 an hour I might be able to afford it but its £100 less in my savings a month. Oh well :rolleyes:

I'm ok, really tired and trying to relax with some cider. Making me sleepy :lol: Done an 8 hour shift at work today and finally sorted my tax out :woo:

And get to Sainbury's! :whip2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Thats not too bad, at least it was productive anyway. I need to do some maths in a bit, but its parametrics and I'm not too good at it. I want to get a tutor, I've just asked my old maths teacher who is amazing but its £25 an hour I might be able to afford it but its £100 less in my savings a month. Oh well :rolleyes:

I'm ok, really tired and trying to relax with some cider. Making me sleepy :lol: Done an 8 hour shift at work today and finally sorted my tax out :woo:

And get to Sainbury's! :whip2:
    i had tutoring for a while, with a chinese man my parents knew :proud: i think they gave him £20 for each time, but it was more than an hour i think

:zomg: 8 hour shift?! whaaaaat! was the tax for your bike?

soon :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think 15-20 is the norm, but I guess some can make a case for going higher than that.

fyi, I would charge you £10 an hour. £15 if I have to drive ~15 mins or more. Something like that anyway.

i had tutoring for a while, with a chinese man my parents knew :proud: i think they gave him £20 for each time, but it was more than an hour i think

:zomg: 8 hour shift?! whaaaaat! was the tax for your bike?

soon :unsure:
    Yea I had an hours lunch break though, its a full days work (9-1 and 2-6) but I enjoy it. I think its worth my tutor though, he taught me from year 8 to year 12 and he really knows how I work and understand things (plus I have all his tricks which I still use to this day, so it is logical)

I'll just have to make a budget that is all and especially now I'm weaning my way off of chocolate and that then I will have some more money

Yea the tax was for my bike, my current one doesn't run out until the 28th but I wanted to get it done. Its only £15 a year compared to like £120 for a car so I can't complain :p:

(Original post by m:)ckel)
    Yeah, I think 15-20 is the norm, but I guess some can make a case for going higher than that.

fyi, I would charge you £10 an hour. £15 if I have to drive ~15 mins or more. Something like that anyway.
    Depends where you live :p: I live in the south west.

It makes sense coz he is an epoc teacher, he's taught me for 4 years (Yr 8 -Yr 12) so he knows how I work and that, and I understand things when he explains them to me so the money is well worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Depends where you live :p: I live in the south west.

It makes sense coz he is an epoc teacher, he's taught me for 4 years (Yr 8 -Yr 12) so he knows how I work and that, and I understand things when he explains them to me so the money is well worth it.
    Yeah, I wasn't suggesting I do it for you. I would never go out of London to tutor someone! But that's how much I would charge.

ReputationRep:
    I am an epic teacher too btw.

(Original post by m:)ckel)
    Yeah, I wasn't suggesting I do it for you. I would never go out of London to tutor someone! But that's how much I would charge.
    Tis a good rate, especially if you are a good teacher (which by your posts I can tell your teling the truth)

Maybe you should set up an agency. now and just before exams is when people want tutors, and £10 ph in London you can't go wrong!

ReputationRep:
    I don't really have the know-how/contacts/proper teaching experience to set up my own agency, but I am currently doing a few shifts here and there at a learning centre, so that's a start. Get a bit of word of mouth going and everything. I do quite like tutoring, but once I get a full-time job then I don't know how much time I'll have for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Yea I had an hours lunch break though, its a full days work (9-1 and 2-6) but I enjoy it. I think its worth my tutor though, he taught me from year 8 to year 12 and he really knows how I work and understand things (plus I have all his tricks which I still use to this day, so it is logical)

I'll just have to make a budget that is all and especially now I'm weaning my way off of chocolate and that then I will have some more money

Yea the tax was for my bike, my current one doesn't run out until the 28th but I wanted to get it done. Its only £15 a year compared to like £120 for a car so I can't complain :p:
    :eek: what do you work as?

why are you weaning yourself off chocolate? why?!

:cool:

Nahh thats true. I know an A level student who finished his A levels (AAAB in the end in Maths, Chem, Bio and Physics) and he made a bit of money in his gap year doing a little bit of private teaching, but of course thats dependany on how soon you want to find a full time job.

The learning centre most definatly is a good start

:eek: what do you work as?

why are you weaning yourself off chocolate? why?!

:cool:
    I work as a Dispensary assistant. I love my job but its long hours in some cases, especially if I start locuming after uni.

I am weaning off chocolate to lessen my sugar intake, and save some more money. I'm not stoppping eating it altogether though and replacing it with more fruit and veg.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.