Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The 2010, Honorary Member Welcoming, Undergraduate Degree Results Chat Thread Mk. V Watch

Its only slightly burnt my middle finger thankfully

Partial fractions are so easy, they're boring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Its only slightly burnt my middle finger thankfully
    omg. my mum cut her middle finger on glass at work. This is not con-incidence. I knew we were interconnected somehow.

Meh, maybe I spoke too soon

(Original post by maxfire)
    omg. my mum cut her middle finger on glass at work. This is not con-incidence. I knew we were interconnected somehow.
    :woo: OMG!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    :console: for feeling crappy and for burning yourself :hugs:

Hows things going?

ReputationRep:
    :O!
    My mum stabbed her thumb with a knife once.
    Lots of blood.
    It was kinda disgusting actually :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smeh)
    Lots of blood.
    Well it's not quite the same is it?
    **** sake.
    :jumphug:

(Original post by jennikay)
    :console: for feeling crappy and for burning yourself :hugs:

Hows things going?
    :hugs: Thanks

Things aren't really going well if I am completely honest. Oh well. Hows things with you?

***** sake, solutions on CD rom with my maths book doesn't work :emo: How the hell I'm gonna pass I don't know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    Well it's not quite the same is it?
    **** sake.
    :jumphug:
    Just thought i'd put it out there :emo:
    You been up to much today?

(Original post by Smeh)
    Lots of blood.
    Ouch, not nice :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Partial fractions are so easy, they're boring
    Life lesson: don't underestimate anything.

In year 5, I was one of two pupils selected to represent the school in "Town Sports". My event being the obstacle course. Back in PE lessons, we used to practice with some pretty big hurdles, waist height for me at least. But upon entering the cauldron of the Waltham Forest Pool and Track (an official site which will be used by 2012 Olympians for training purposes), I noted the ridiculously low height of the hurdles and suddenly felt very confident: "dey only go up to my ankles blud" [this kind of slang was not commonplace back in the year 1997, but if it were, I'm sure that's what I would have said]

Cue the race. It was a tough old contest. The best of the best from the borough. They said I was leading when we came up to the hurdles. Nice and easy, you don't even have to jump these. That's where I lost it. The moment I was caught off guard was the moment I will never forget. I replay the incident over and over in my mind. A trailing leg clipping the hurdle, it could only have been a matter of millimetres, but it was enough. Enough to send the crowd favourite tumbling to the ground, and with only one more obstacle to go, the race was over. Lost then and there. I soldiered on determined to finish, the troops of St Mary's C of E rallying to the side of me. The damage, however, had been well and truly done.

(Original post by m:)ckel)
    Life lesson: don't underestimate anything.

In year 5, I was one of two pupils selected to represent the school in "Town Sports". My event being the obstacle course. Back in PE lessons, we used to practice with some pretty big hurdles, waist height for me at least. But upon entering the cauldron of the Waltham Forest Pool and Track (an official site which will be used by 2012 Olympians for training purposes), I noted the ridiculously low height of the hurdles and suddenly felt very confident: "dey only go up to my ankles blud" [this kind of slang was not commonplace back in the year 1997, but if it were, I'm sure that's what I would have said]

Cue the race. It was a tough old contest. The best of the best from the borough. They said I was leading when we came up to the hurdles. Nice and easy, you don't even have to jump these. That's where I lost it. The moment I was caught off guard was the moment I will never forget. I replay the incident over and over in my mind. A trailing leg clipping the hurdle, it could only have been a matter of millimetres, but it was enough. Enough to send the crowd favourite tumbling to the ground, and with only one more obstacle to go, the race was over. Lost then and there. I soldiered on determined to finish, the troops of St Mary's C of E rallying to the side of me. The damage, however, had been well and truly done.
    :hugs: Ouch, that must have been cripplng if its with you to this day!! :console: I know you didn't complete, but next time you think of that, think you were good enough to get to that stage at the age of 10!

Anyway I solved my problem, small matter of a sign change, which makes all the difference.

Thank you for that advice and that inspirational story :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    That was...fascinating mckle.
    On a lighter note it's snowing :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    :hugs: Ouch, that must have been cripplng if its with you to this day!! :console: I know you didn't complete, but next time you think of that, think you were good enough to get to that stage at the age of 10!

Anyway I solved my problem, small matter of a sign change, which makes all the difference.

Thank you for that advice and that inspirational story :jumphug:
    I wouldn't say that it's crippling, I just wanted to be dramatic. But thanks.

When I was about half that age, I was in another race (a normal one) which I was also about to win, but I saw the tape at the finishing line up ahead and was afraid to cross it. So instead, I slowed down to let the guy in the lane next to me win and I came second.

Snowing? :nothing: Herts have got it bad this year :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah...it's not settling though just a pain to walk and drive in.
    Bloody weather.

ReputationRep:
    'oaky' is that the new spelling or am I missing something?

TWO people spelt it that way. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    oh and back btw

1 exam down, 1 to go :nothing:

new page :yeah:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.