Turn on thread page Beta

The 2010, Honorary Member Welcoming, Undergraduate Degree Results Chat Thread Mk. V watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    :hugs: Thanks

Things aren't really going well if I am completely honest. Oh well. Hows things with you?
    :hugs::jumphug::console::lovehug:
    If you need any help and I'm around, feel free to ask

My things are alright at some point today I'm going to get down to some proper work, really need to get my head round differential equations :emo: I've got a few good books out though, so I'll have a read through at some point :yes:

I have a cold I think :sad: I slept a LOT yesterday and then I got all panicky that it was tonsillitis and that I had glandular fever again :facepalm: but I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smeh)
    Just thought i'd put it out there :emo:
    You been up to much today?
    nyaha.

Not much, really, just being lazy.
    I've been so :nothing: today.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's gone skiing so I have no one to go out with :emo:
    Oh and this crazy woman just cut off this guy's thumb with a saw in 24 :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:
    I can see where you get your violent nature from :whip::headfire:

(Original post by m:)ckel)
    I wouldn't say that it's crippling, I just wanted to be dramatic. But thanks.

When I was about half that age, I was in another race (a normal one) which I was also about to win, but I saw the tape at the finishing line up ahead and was afraid to cross it. So instead, I slowed down to let the guy in the lane next to me win and I came second.
    Oh dear I can sort of sympathise with that in a way
    (Original post by jennikay)
    :hugs::jumphug::console::lovehug:
    If you need any help and I'm around, feel free to ask

My things are alright at some point today I'm going to get down to some proper work, really need to get my head round differential equations :emo: I've got a few good books out though, so I'll have a read through at some point :yes:

I have a cold I think :sad: I slept a LOT yesterday and then I got all panicky that it was tonsillitis and that I had glandular fever again :facepalm: but I don't think so.
    Thank you :hugs: I'm glad your ok, and that'd be a good idea to get some work done :yep:

:hugs: for having a cold, its good to feed and rest a cold. Did you get Chris' PM btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Thank you :hugs: I'm glad your ok, and that'd be a good idea to get some work done :yep:

:hugs: for having a cold, its good to feed and rest a cold. Did you get Chris' PM btw?

I did :yep: I should probably be able to make it, depends if we're shooting that day.

Well, I had a cookie for breakfast and a bacon sandwich for lunch does that count? And curry for dinner :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m:)ckel)
    Life lesson: don't underestimate anything.

In year 5, I was one of two pupils selected to represent the school in "Town Sports". My event being the obstacle course. Back in PE lessons, we used to practice with some pretty big hurdles, waist height for me at least. But upon entering the cauldron of the Waltham Forest Pool and Track (an official site which will be used by 2012 Olympians for training purposes), I noted the ridiculously low height of the hurdles and suddenly felt very confident: "dey only go up to my ankles blud" [this kind of slang was not commonplace back in the year 1997, but if it were, I'm sure that's what I would have said]

Cue the race. It was a tough old contest. The best of the best from the borough. They said I was leading when we came up to the hurdles. Nice and easy, you don't even have to jump these. That's where I lost it. The moment I was caught off guard was the moment I will never forget. I replay the incident over and over in my mind. A trailing leg clipping the hurdle, it could only have been a matter of millimetres, but it was enough. Enough to send the crowd favourite tumbling to the ground, and with only one more obstacle to go, the race was over. Lost then and there. I soldiered on determined to finish, the troops of St Mary's C of E rallying to the side of me. The damage, however, had been well and truly done.
    A similar thing happened to me.

Year 5. I was in the inter-school athletics team, for the 75 metre sprint. By the 50 metre mark, I was ahead by at least 5 metres, which was when the young gap-student I had a mild crush on caught my eye. She was shouting "come on Max! YOU'RE WINNING". I smiled a gleeful smile. But my attention was already distracted from the running. I subconsciously edged over towards the left lane, and when I realised what I'd done, I swung my left foot back into my lane, placing it just in front of the right foot.
    I kicked myself in the ankle.
    I tripped.
    I watched as seven people rushed past me and finished the race.
    I got up.
    I walked the last three metres across the finish line.
    I heard a distant voice shouting "8th!".
    I cried. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    brief interruption.

bye.

ReputationRep:
    cookie, bacon sandwich and curry

sounds like my ideal day :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Dickrick, you are supposed to be gone permanently. Go.

Bye. :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    Some random chick called me buff.
    ******* score.

ReputationRep:
    Liar.

ReputationRep:
    Confidence levels are through the roof...just saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    Liar.
    Not even.

Though it doesn't sound impressive without the full story.

ReputationRep:
    cookie, bacon sandwich and curry

sounds like my ideal day :sogood:
    And now a random tin of pineapple chunks. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Shut up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennikay)
    And now a random tin of pineapple chunks. :coma:
    Just need to look in the mirror and you will be fully satisfied. :y:

ReputationRep:
    **** you wastegash.

ReputationRep:
    Just need to look in the mirror and you will be fully satisfied. :y:
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    **** you wastegash.
    Me?

ARE YOU TALKIN TO ME BRUVVV?
    YOU AIN'T GO NO RESPECT FOR WIMMINZ INNIT BRUV, OTHERWISE YOU WOULDN'T CALL ME NO ******* WASTEGASH IZZIT?

:hmmm:

:mmm:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.