Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The 2010, Honorary Member Welcoming, Undergraduate Degree Results Chat Thread Mk. V watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Hmm, why not buy bags of veg (get them when reduced so they're even cheaper) and keep then in the fridge and microwave them before you use them, and any left over could be used in a soup. Soups and so easy to make plus its some more meals.
    Soup is a good idea :coma: though I have no idea how to make it :erm:

Thing is that our fridge is NASTY. I left some carrots in there for a few days and they were just icky. I dunno what it is about our fridge but I would've been better off leaving them in my room tbh :erm:

I have my marg in the bottom of my compartment and put stuff on top of it, and stuff in plastic boxes is alright normally, but when I left the carrots on the bottom in a bag with holes in it was just :yucky:

ReputationRep:
    I can actually moonwalk.
    ...Not very well though.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1183153

ReputationRep:
    Jenni uses :erm: a lot.

Maybe that could be another one of her sexfaces.

:ahee:

Loz: :eek: + :sogood: + :nooo: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smeh)
    I can actually moonwalk.
    ...Not very well though.
    Practice makes perfect.
    But you're a special case.

(Original post by jennikay)
    Soup is a good idea :coma: though I have no idea how to make it :erm:

Thing is that our fridge is NASTY. I left some carrots in there for a few days and they were just icky. I dunno what it is about our fridge but I would've been better off leaving them in my room tbh :erm:

I have my marg in the bottom of my compartment and put stuff on top of it, and stuff in plastic boxes is alright normally, but when I left the carrots on the bottom in a bag with holes in it was just :yucky:
    Soup is unbelievably easy. If you want it smooth, you boil everything you want in it (with the skins off all the veg; for tomatos use cherry ones and to remove the skin, place them in boilng water for 1 min and then the skins should peel right off) in a saucepan (taking care not to add too much water to make it thick) for about an hour or until everything is really really soft, then you use a little hand blender thing to mash everything up. Or alternativly if you don't have one, just chop everything into small chunks, and do as above then serve that way. If you leave it to cool you can put it into storage in the fridge, or ever freeze it and use it at a later date.

You can put anything you want. Even potatoes! I made a pumpkin soup on october after we made a lantern and I put onion and potato in it and it was lush! I fried the onion first though to cook it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    Practice makes perfect.
    But you're a special case.
    It hurts because it's true :emo:

:ahee:

:creep:
    moonwalk
    :rofl:

I can moonwalk in socks on a slippery surface, okish
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)

Loz: :eek: + :sogood: + :nooo: :rofl:
    Yes? What's all that for?

Time for essay number 2 out of 4 I guess :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I can walk backwards, sliding my feet occasionallymoonwalk :emo:

**** it, I'm not doing it in essay form, Table of notes it is :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Soup is unbelievably easy. If you want it smooth, you boil everything you want in it (with the skins off all the veg; for tomatos use cherry ones and to remove the skin, place them in boilng water for 1 min and then the skins should peel right off) in a saucepan (taking care not to add too much water to make it thick) for about an hour or until everything is really really soft, then you use a little hand blender thing to mash everything up. Or alternativly if you don't have one, just chop everything into small chunks, and do as above then serve that way. If you leave it to cool you can put it into storage in the fridge, or ever freeze it and use it at a later date.

You can put anything you want. Even potatoes! I made a pumpkin soup on october after we made a lantern and I put onion and potato in it and it was lush! I fried the onion first though to cook it.
    :hugs: thankyou! :awesome:

Could do with some soup tbh :erm: but I have a curry for dinner and I'm hardly hungry as it is :erm:

... I do use :erm: a lot don't I? Maybe I'm chronically unsure :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    :rofl:

I can moonwalk in socks on a slippery surface, okish

Yes? What's all that for?
    You said those were your sexfaces. :indiff:

(Original post by Crazy Paving)
    You said those were your sexfaces. :indiff:
    Oh yes :rofl:

Dinner time, got a nice roast duck :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Sup *****es :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    Sup *****es :grin:
    Sup dawgg.

ReputationRep:
    I just realised. 3 people have me in their sig :jiggy:

ReputationRep:
    WASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP?

ReputationRep:
    SuperStaah!

:france: :bhangra: :turban:

ReputationRep:
    Sup dawgg.
    I'm ill. :sad:
    Have had an awesome yet very tiring week.

I have reading week this week, so no lectures! :woo:

How you doin?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.