Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The 2010, Honorary Member Welcoming, Undergraduate Degree Results Chat Thread Mk. V Watch

I should get out of my pyjamas soon.

ReputationRep:
    Yes that would be a good idea.
    I just got out of mine :awesome:

I'll make sure I have all my fluids notes. Then I'll put them away. Then I'll get changed. I like what I wore yesterday, so I might wear it again. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    How are you finding the whole degree thing anyway +-?
    Lots of work? Hard?
    Lots of maths :dance:?

FFFFUUUUUUUUU it refreshed while I was typing!

It's fun, aside from the minor psychological breakdowns I have.

There is a lot of work, and you have to do lots of work in your own time. This is not good for me, because I'm not good at this whole 'balance' thing, so I end up doing a silly amount of work, and not much else. I haven't been outside since Monday. :lolwut: I have a feeling I'm doing too much work, but I can never be sure.

I probably am, judging by the fact that I've been out once this term. For my birthday.

And yes, there is a lot of maths. Maths in every module. Except D&M, which is like Product Design. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    FFFFUUUUUUUUU it refreshed while I was typing!

It's fun, aside from the minor psychological breakdowns I have.

There is a lot of work, and you have to do lots of work in your own time. This is not good for me, because I'm not good at this whole 'balance' thing, so I end up doing a silly amount of work, and not much else. I haven't been outside since Monday. :lolwut: I have a feeling I'm doing too much work, but I can never be sure.

I probably am, judging by the fact that I've been out once this term. For my birthday.

And yes, there is a lot of maths. Maths in every module. Except D&M, which is like Product Design. :yep:
    Please go out.
    Surely you're doing to much work? At least go and take a walk...If you don't go out tomorrow i'm coming to Bristol myself.
    How are you coping with the maths though? I know you only did AS further maths like me. Is it like a massive step up?
    And oops I have done product design since year nine :mmm:
    That should be fun

(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    :awesome:
    :hand:

I don't want to get out of my chair yet. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    What's occuring?

(Original post by Smeh)
    Please go out.
    Surely you're doing to much work? At least go and take a walk...If you don't go out tomorrow i'm coming to Bristol myself.
    How are you coping with the maths though? I know you only did AS further maths like me. Is it like a massive step up?
    And oops I have done product design since year nine :mmm:
    That should be fun
    lol I know. I plan to go out at least once a week. I mean, it's a beautiful city, and I'm just looking at it through a poorly-insulated window. What a waste!

No, it's not! :ahee: Well, they assume that everyone has done C1-4, and then forgotten everything, so at first they go quite slowly. They sort of go over the core stuff, as well as further maths stuff at the same time, since further is meant to follow on from the core stuff.

I'm doing DEs at the moment, and we've covered first and second order DEs, which are covered in FP1, and some other types. We covered some FP2 (I think) stuff while we went through complex numbers, and some FP3 stuff as we went through matrices and vectors.

So basically, it's not a massive step up :nah:, but it's sort of everything put together, with a bit of extra stuff (such as analysis, which I don't get at all).

I have a feeling I started rambling at some point in there ↑ :erm:

I did D&T up to AS, specifically Product Design at AS, so this D&M group project I'm working on now is like... easy. :teehee:

Does Imperilol have a similar module?

Oh yeah. I don't think I can go out tomorrow because my family is coming to visit on Thursday night/Friday afternoon. Friday should be possible though. :yep:

Bacon Cheese Turtleburgers look soooooooooo good :sogood: :coma: :drool:, and I almost never eat bacon!

ReputationRep:
    lol I know. I plan to go out at least once a week. I mean, it's a beautiful city, and I'm just looking at it through a poorly-insulated window. What a waste!

No, it's not! :ahee: Well, they assume that everyone has done C1-4, and then forgotten everything, so at first they go quite slowly. They sort of go over the core stuff, as well as further maths stuff at the same time, since further is meant to follow on from the core stuff.

I'm doing DEs at the moment, and we've covered first and second order DEs, which are covered in FP1, and some other types. We covered some FP2 (I think) stuff while we went through complex numbers, and some FP3 stuff as we went through matrices and vectors.

So basically, it's not a massive step up :nah:, but it's sort of everything put together, with a bit of extra stuff (such as analysis, which I don't get at all).

I did D&T up to AS, specifically Product Design at AS, so this D&M group project I'm working on now is like... easy. :teehee:

Oh yeah. I don't think I can go out tomorrow because my family is coming to visit on Thursday night/Friday afternoon. Friday should be possible though. :yep:
    Do you go to UWE or Bristol? Got a few friends a UWE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennikay)
    :nothing:

I almost slept straight through. Went to sleep at about 12.50, woke up at 1 for some reason, went back to sleep, got woken up at 1.10 :rant: by some ***** shouting down my corridor, but by the time I'd gotten out of bed to scream at them they'd gone. :nothing:
    And believe me, I would have screamed at them. I was so angry.

Still, I went back to sleep cause I'd taken a sleeping tablet :ahee: so it's all good.
    :rofl:

You are such a lunatic.

ReputationRep:
    Omg lolarity they look :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Btw, I broke FFF a few days ago :erm:

ReputationRep:
    :hand:

I don't want to get out of my chair yet. :erm:
    I swear most applicants apply to Bristol purely to get out (socialize etc) ....

ReputationRep:
    *suscribe*

4300!

(Original post by Crazy Paving)
    Omg lolarity they look :sogood:
    Yeah! :excited: Beast if I could make some. Beast if my stomach could handle all that meat! :indiff:

(Original post by TwentyTen)
    Do you go to UWE or Bristol? Got a few friends a UWE
    Bristol. :ahee: The person who lives above me knows some people at UWE. They got the Robotics Lab though. :emo:

(Original post by TwentyTen)
    I swear most applicants apply to Bristol purely to get out (socialize etc) ....
    I know! When I came here on the visit day, I was like (to myself), Yo, I'm meant to be here. It's so cool :excited:. One year later... :work:

Seriously, wtf me. Every time I think about the fun I'm not having when I could be, I get really :emo:, then I comfort work. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:

D&M is Design and Manufacture?
    Yeah just checked i've got that module. And also Experimental reporting skills which sounds like a blast! :sigh:
    I quite like DT dunno why I gave it up at GSCE :moon: I did music :facepalm: for my 'creative' subject.
    Yeah I was worried that everyone would be streets ahead with the maths but it doesn't sound too bad
    I'm holding you to this friday btw :hmmm:
    :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.