Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The 2010, Honorary Member Welcoming, Undergraduate Degree Results Chat Thread Mk. V watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Why do people who speak other languages speak so quickly than native-English speakers?

e.g. French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese I know for a fact are spoken so quickly, I found it almost impossible to pick up any words. And Arabic? Impossible.

Why is that?
    Well we probably speak english alot faster than you think. I'm sure your french double is posting the same thing about english people on some freaky french version of TSR :ninja:

(Original post by Smeh)
    Well we probably speak english alot faster than you think. I'm sure your french double is posting the same thing about english people on some freaky french version of TSR :ninja:
    Maybe I just speak slowly. :unsure:

Have you seen those TSR dupe forums? They just take threads and users from here and duplicate them. It's so weird. :afraid:

Hmm... a French version of me... :beard:... zut alors!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i agree with loz

david cameron is such a ****

ReputationRep:
    athena cocked up in my AAM thread and is now trying to recover the situation - badly that is

that's Oxbridge graduates for you :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    I agree. Do many people have reactions/allergies to it? Or any potential to overdose easy that damages other health (although I know your essay is from a dental POV)
    You can technically overdose via excess fluoride ingestion yes. The reactions can be quit terrible depending on dosage but I cannae be arsed explaining this on TSR.

The fluoride in water would be at 1ppm which is the ideal concentration and far far from any harmful dose. The only possible harm of fluoridated water is fluorosis which is mostly an aesthetic issue tbh.

Basically the evidence in aid of water fluoidation is so overwhelming and undeniable that :iiam: why it has not been implemented areas of high deprivation category classification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    You really think Labour will stay in power, and you really thing the Tories care about the working class?

Its going downhill so much now. Its gonna take a lot to save it.
    Nup, I mean governments need the people's acceptance, at least to some marginally small degree.
    There are more people who fall into these categories, and this is where the most support can be taken from. Politics is a game, you need as many supporters as possible. I don't think the majority of the public would accept the NHS being taken down/privatised or whatever. I don't think any government is powerful enough to go against the majority.

:dontknow:

Plus, Brits love having things Americans are jealous of. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    athena cocked up in my AAM thread and is now trying to recover the situation - badly that is

that's Oxbridge graduates for you :ahee:
    :mmm:
    What did you ask about?

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen those TSR dupe forums? They just take threads and users from here and duplicate them. It's so weird. :afraid:

Hmm... a French version of me... :beard:... zut alors!
    EH?!

ReputationRep:
    Why do people who speak other languages speak so quickly than native-English speakers?

e.g. French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese I know for a fact are spoken so quickly, I found it almost impossible to pick up any words. And Arabic? Impossible.

Why is that?
    Foreigners tend to be more efficient and straight to the point innit :ahee:

(Original post by A_master)
    EH?!
    There have been threads on here about them (I was a lurker last time it was brought up, I think). Honestly! They just copy TSR and paste.

Foreigners tend to be more efficient and straight to the point innit :ahee:
    Then why do they have to speak faster to make the same point in the same time? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    You have a french dupe?

(Original post by aliluvschoc)
    You have a french dupe?
    Not that I know of. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    There have been threads on here about them (I was a lurker last time it was brought up, I think). Honestly! They just copy TSR and paste.

Then why do they have to speak faster to make the same point in the same time? :holmes:
    Links or you LIE!

Also they fit far more into the point innit. Emotion, passion and soul are poured into these sentences!

ReputationRep:
    I need to draw a picture for my mum I can send her for mothers day. Any ideas?

Last year I think I drew a horse running along a beach. :hmmmm2:

You can technically overdose via excess fluoride ingestion yes. The reactions can be quit terrible depending on dosage but I cannae be arsed explaining this on TSR.

The fluoride in water would be at 1ppm which is the ideal concentration and far far from any harmful dose. The only possible harm of fluoridated water is fluorosis which is mostly an aesthetic issue tbh.

Basically the evidence in aid of water fluoidation is so overwhelming and undeniable that :iiam: why it has not been implemented areas of high deprivation category classification.
    I thought so. I don't see why they do it, however the amount it costs for it might be simular to the amount of costs made towards the NHS for people who have poor oral hygeine. I thought it'd be a low amount of it too.

They should at the very least do it in those sorts of areas, if not everywhere.
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    Nup, I mean governments need the people's acceptance, at least to some marginally small degree.
    There are more people who fall into these categories, and this is where the most support can be taken from. Politics is a game, you need as many supporters as possible. I don't think the majority of the public would accept the NHS being taken down/privatised or whatever. I don't think any government is powerful enough to go against the majority.

:dontknow:

Plus, Brits love having things Americans are jealous of. :yep:
    haha yea thats true, but what I mean is that the NHS in england is in such a bad state that it is gonna cost loads to get it back up to a sufficient standard, and with the country in billions of debt as it is, its likely to be an area that they will make more cuts to pay off this debt and thus making its existance almost pointless (in some areas, not all)

But yes I agree that the majority of people would not stand for the government privatising or removing the NHS.

Links or you LIE!

Also they fit far more into the point innit. Emotion, passion and soul are poured into these sentences!
    I don't know what to search! But ask anyone who's been around for more than a year, hopefully they'll remember!

Oh, so English is soulless now? :pain:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    I thought so. I don't see why they do it, however the amount it costs for it might be simular to the amount of costs made towards the NHS for people who have poor oral hygeine. I thought it'd be a low amount of it too.

They should at the very least do it in those sorts of areas, if not everywhere.
    Countless studies show it's the most cost effective way of reducing caries across populations :yep:

Seriously the evidence is incontrovertible. The Evidence against is flimsy at the best of times.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...um#post8345040

Countless studies show it's the most cost effective way of reducing caries across populations :yep:

Seriously the evidence is incontrovertible. The Evidence against is flimsy at the best of times.
    So why are they being gays and not inforcing it then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    So why are they being gays and not inforcing it then?
    Cuz those who make the decisions are imbeciles

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.