Turn on thread page Beta

The 2010, Honorary Member Welcoming, Undergraduate Degree Results Chat Thread Mk. V watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    I bet she is.
    you may treat female friends like that, but :hand:

(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    you may treat female friends like that, but :hand:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What female friends? :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What female friends?
    don't you do Physics at uni? I heard not many girls do that :console:

don't you do Physics at uni? I heard not many girls do that :console:
    Physics?! What do you take me for, dawg? :lolwut:

I study mechanical engineering, thankyouverymuch! :haughty:

ReputationRep:
    Physics?! What do you take me for, dawg?

I study mechanical engineering, thankyouverymuch!
    oh, whoops you said you had labs or something, so assumed Physics. they're not all that different from each other tbf.

I do Economics, as you have probably been able to tell :cool:

oh, whoops you said you had labs or something, so assumed Physics. they're not all that different from each other tbf.

I do Economics, as you have probably been able to tell :cool:
    I thought you did Maths, because you kept asking maths questions.

ReputationRep:
    I thought you did Maths, because you kept asking maths questions.
    It's cos the actual Economics questions are easy :ahee: The Maths bits are more difficult.

It's cos the actual Economics questions are easy :ahee: The Maths bits are more difficult.
    I see. :beard: What's your timetable like? :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I see. What's your timetable like?
    My timetable is ok. Tuesday is a busy day, and today should be quite busy.

But I skip most lectures :ahee: I had one at 10 this morning, I was just like "lol no point in that one".

My timetable is ok. Tuesday is a busy day, and today should be quite busy.

But I skip most lectures :ahee: I had one at 10 this morning, I was just like "lol no point in that one".
    :rofl: My attendance is so poor! I think the fewest I've missed in a week (after the 1st week :rolleyes:) is 4? Maybe 3...

I was really :emo: last week/the week before, so I missed about half of my lectures and even(!) a lab session. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    My attendance is so poor! I think the fewest I've missed in a week (after the 1st week ) is 4? Maybe 3...

I was really last week/the week before, so I missed about half of my lectures and even(!) a lab session.
    well last week I didn't go to a single lecture - beat that! :awesome: I was ill at the end of last week though...

aren't labs compulsory? :erm: what do you do in them for mech eng?

ReputationRep:
    next year though I'm gonna go to every single lecture I possibly can. next year counts 50% towards my final degree + I'll be living away from campus so it'll just be depressing staying in my bedroom in a nearby town where I'll be around no students during the day.

well last week I didn't go to a single lecture - beat that! :awesome: I was ill at the end of last week though...

aren't labs compulsory? :erm: what do you do in them for mech eng?
    :zomg: Why not?! That's terrible! :mmm:

Well yeah, but the one I missed was a computer lab. I work with someone else and we started a MATLab project. I went to the lab sesh this week and we've almost finished now. :mmm: It was meant to take us until the end of term. :king1:

The other labs are experiments; I've had a couple of electronics ones (fiddling with analogue and digital things), a materials one (torsion testing 2 materials), 2 dynamics ones (one was balancing rotors and stuff, the other was... finding the moment of inertia or something :p:).

I had a fluids lab on Tuesday, and I carried out a few experiments finding drag coefficients and other things, and drawing flow pictures. I have another fluids lab at 1 today.

I have one more materials lab at the end of term, then I'll be free! :yeah: To revise. :sigh:

next year though I'm gonna go to every single lecture I possibly can. next year counts 50% towards my final degree + I'll be living away from campus so it'll just be depressing staying in my bedroom in a nearby town where I'll be around no students during the day.
    Good plan!

I want to live close to the uni again :yep: My timetable's even worse next year, so I probably won't have time to come back to my room between lectures, and as a result skip the later lectures. But I think I have the most trouble with the 9 o'clocks, of which I have several. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Why not?! That's terrible!

Well yeah, but the one I missed was a computer lab. I work with someone else and we started a MATLab project. I went to the lab sesh this week and we've almost finished now. It was meant to take us until the end of term.

The other labs are experiments; I've had a couple of electronics ones (fiddling with analogue and digital things), a materials one (torsion testing 2 materials), 2 dynamics ones (one was balancing rotors and stuff, the other was... finding the moment of inertia or something ).

I had a fluids lab on Tuesday, and I carried out a few experiments finding drag coefficients and other things, and drawing flow pictures. I have another fluids lab at 1 today.

I have one more materials lab at the end of term, then I'll be free! To revise.
    I just have no motivation :sigh:

eeew, MATLab :yucky: The Maths people use that, no idea about it myself :erm: And we have a weird Computer Data Analysis project which I have no clue when it's got to be done for lol Such a pointless module. Our last assignment was using this random Maths program to write a load of equations :rofl:

Sounds like A Level Physics practicals, only longer :erm: And revision, yeah - that's come round far too quickly :sigh: This term has gone far too quickly, and it doesn't feel like that long since I was revising for A Levels :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Good plan!

I want to live close to the uni again My timetable's even worse next year, so I probably won't have time to come back to my room between lectures, and as a result skip the later lectures. But I think I have the most trouble with the 9 o'clocks, of which I have several.
    I had a choice really: live further away but in a better area, or live closer but in a worse area.

I chose the former, mainly because even if I did live closer, it's still like a 30 minute walk back to my room (maybe longer) and I cba with that. And cba to take a bus back too.

ReputationRep:
    it overlaps with one of our other modules which everyone does.

why can't you believe it? Economics does contain Maths too ya know :yep:
    You've done stuff before we did it

ReputationRep:

eeew, MATLab :yucky: The Maths people use that, no idea about it myself :erm: And we have a weird Computer Data Analysis project which I have no clue when it's got to be done for lol Such a pointless module. Our last assignment was using this random Maths program to write a load of equations :rofl:

Sounds like A Level Physics practicals, only longer :erm: And revision, yeah - that's come round far too quickly :sigh: This term has gone far too quickly, and it doesn't feel like that long since I was revising for A Levels :erm:
    MATLAB :lovedup2:

We're typesetting in Latex

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit retarded that your first year = 0%, isn't it?

Yeah, it's a lot like A Level Physics.

:sadnod: I feel like I've done almost nothing , and it's already more than halfway through the academic year. :sigh:

I had a choice really: live further away but in a better area, or live closer but in a worse area.

I chose the former, mainly because even if I did live closer, it's still like a 30 minute walk back to my room (maybe longer) and I cba with that. And cba to take a bus back too.
    30 minutes?! :lolwut: Skeen, so have you found people to live with yet?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.