Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The 2010, Honorary Member Welcoming, Undergraduate Degree Results Chat Thread Mk. V watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    I bet she is.
    you may treat female friends like that, but :hand:

(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    you may treat female friends like that, but :hand:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What female friends? :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What female friends?
    don't you do Physics at uni? I heard not many girls do that :console:

don't you do Physics at uni? I heard not many girls do that :console:
    Physics?! What do you take me for, dawg? :lolwut:

I study mechanical engineering, thankyouverymuch! :haughty:

ReputationRep:
    Physics?! What do you take me for, dawg?

I study mechanical engineering, thankyouverymuch!
    oh, whoops you said you had labs or something, so assumed Physics. they're not all that different from each other tbf.

I do Economics, as you have probably been able to tell :cool:

oh, whoops you said you had labs or something, so assumed Physics. they're not all that different from each other tbf.

I do Economics, as you have probably been able to tell :cool:
    I thought you did Maths, because you kept asking maths questions.

ReputationRep:
    I thought you did Maths, because you kept asking maths questions.
    It's cos the actual Economics questions are easy :ahee: The Maths bits are more difficult.

It's cos the actual Economics questions are easy :ahee: The Maths bits are more difficult.
    I see. :beard: What's your timetable like? :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I see. What's your timetable like?
    My timetable is ok. Tuesday is a busy day, and today should be quite busy.

But I skip most lectures :ahee: I had one at 10 this morning, I was just like "lol no point in that one".

My timetable is ok. Tuesday is a busy day, and today should be quite busy.

But I skip most lectures :ahee: I had one at 10 this morning, I was just like "lol no point in that one".
    :rofl: My attendance is so poor! I think the fewest I've missed in a week (after the 1st week :rolleyes:) is 4? Maybe 3...

I was really :emo: last week/the week before, so I missed about half of my lectures and even(!) a lab session. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    My attendance is so poor! I think the fewest I've missed in a week (after the 1st week ) is 4? Maybe 3...

I was really last week/the week before, so I missed about half of my lectures and even(!) a lab session.
    well last week I didn't go to a single lecture - beat that! :awesome: I was ill at the end of last week though...

aren't labs compulsory? :erm: what do you do in them for mech eng?

ReputationRep:
    next year though I'm gonna go to every single lecture I possibly can. next year counts 50% towards my final degree + I'll be living away from campus so it'll just be depressing staying in my bedroom in a nearby town where I'll be around no students during the day.

well last week I didn't go to a single lecture - beat that! :awesome: I was ill at the end of last week though...

aren't labs compulsory? :erm: what do you do in them for mech eng?
    :zomg: Why not?! That's terrible! :mmm:

Well yeah, but the one I missed was a computer lab. I work with someone else and we started a MATLab project. I went to the lab sesh this week and we've almost finished now. :mmm: It was meant to take us until the end of term. :king1:

The other labs are experiments; I've had a couple of electronics ones (fiddling with analogue and digital things), a materials one (torsion testing 2 materials), 2 dynamics ones (one was balancing rotors and stuff, the other was... finding the moment of inertia or something :p:).

I had a fluids lab on Tuesday, and I carried out a few experiments finding drag coefficients and other things, and drawing flow pictures. I have another fluids lab at 1 today.

I have one more materials lab at the end of term, then I'll be free! :yeah: To revise. :sigh:

next year though I'm gonna go to every single lecture I possibly can. next year counts 50% towards my final degree + I'll be living away from campus so it'll just be depressing staying in my bedroom in a nearby town where I'll be around no students during the day.
    Good plan!

I want to live close to the uni again :yep: My timetable's even worse next year, so I probably won't have time to come back to my room between lectures, and as a result skip the later lectures. But I think I have the most trouble with the 9 o'clocks, of which I have several. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Why not?! That's terrible!

Well yeah, but the one I missed was a computer lab. I work with someone else and we started a MATLab project. I went to the lab sesh this week and we've almost finished now. It was meant to take us until the end of term.

The other labs are experiments; I've had a couple of electronics ones (fiddling with analogue and digital things), a materials one (torsion testing 2 materials), 2 dynamics ones (one was balancing rotors and stuff, the other was... finding the moment of inertia or something ).

I had a fluids lab on Tuesday, and I carried out a few experiments finding drag coefficients and other things, and drawing flow pictures. I have another fluids lab at 1 today.

I have one more materials lab at the end of term, then I'll be free! To revise.
    I just have no motivation :sigh:

eeew, MATLab :yucky: The Maths people use that, no idea about it myself :erm: And we have a weird Computer Data Analysis project which I have no clue when it's got to be done for lol Such a pointless module. Our last assignment was using this random Maths program to write a load of equations :rofl:

Sounds like A Level Physics practicals, only longer :erm: And revision, yeah - that's come round far too quickly :sigh: This term has gone far too quickly, and it doesn't feel like that long since I was revising for A Levels :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Good plan!

I want to live close to the uni again My timetable's even worse next year, so I probably won't have time to come back to my room between lectures, and as a result skip the later lectures. But I think I have the most trouble with the 9 o'clocks, of which I have several.
    I had a choice really: live further away but in a better area, or live closer but in a worse area.

I chose the former, mainly because even if I did live closer, it's still like a 30 minute walk back to my room (maybe longer) and I cba with that. And cba to take a bus back too.

ReputationRep:
    it overlaps with one of our other modules which everyone does.

why can't you believe it? Economics does contain Maths too ya know :yep:
    You've done stuff before we did it

ReputationRep:

eeew, MATLab :yucky: The Maths people use that, no idea about it myself :erm: And we have a weird Computer Data Analysis project which I have no clue when it's got to be done for lol Such a pointless module. Our last assignment was using this random Maths program to write a load of equations :rofl:

Sounds like A Level Physics practicals, only longer :erm: And revision, yeah - that's come round far too quickly :sigh: This term has gone far too quickly, and it doesn't feel like that long since I was revising for A Levels :erm:
    MATLAB :lovedup2:

We're typesetting in Latex

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit retarded that your first year = 0%, isn't it?

Yeah, it's a lot like A Level Physics.

:sadnod: I feel like I've done almost nothing , and it's already more than halfway through the academic year. :sigh:

I had a choice really: live further away but in a better area, or live closer but in a worse area.

I chose the former, mainly because even if I did live closer, it's still like a 30 minute walk back to my room (maybe longer) and I cba with that. And cba to take a bus back too.
    30 minutes?! :lolwut: Skeen, so have you found people to live with yet?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.