Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This may sound silly, but im not sure where i fit in, where i feel is 'home'. Ive lived in Britain my whole life and was born here, but both my parents are 100% greek blood. My mum was born in Cyprus and my dad was born in the Uk but has Greek parents who moved to the Uk from Cyprus. I visit Cyprus every year to see my family. My problem is that i dont know where i fit it the most and where is my proper 'home' seeing as im not British blood, and i dont live in cyprus so do not mix with people from my heritage. I dont feel 100% British or 100% Greek so i feel like i do not belong in either places completely. For example if i go to Cyprus and i see my family..i always feel like i am out of place as i live in the Uk and dont speak their 'lingo' even though i do speak greek.
    What does everyone else think? and do any of you have the same problem..?

ReputationRep:
    My best friend was born and raised entirely in the UK and considers himself British despite both his parents being born and raised in Serbia.

ReputationRep:
    your lucky! Its great to be able to experience and be part of two cultures. instead of worrying what you are on paper, and trying to assign yourself a label, just be proud and happy with what you are!!:woo: its refreshing to be different

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter who you are on paper, just be happy with who you are! Many people who are 100% British and have lived there their entire life probably feel like they don't fit too...

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.