ReputationRep:
    that looks like its for girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapitalismRocks)
    I was thinking:

http://www.jackwills.com/Store/Produ...tion=003668003 - as a jacket

http://www.trendy-fashions.com/catal...bags/pd2015789 - New bag

Any other suggestions?
    Moving on from the brand.......... Personally I don't like the bag, the Jacket is Ok, but you can get nicer, cheaper, as good as quality from H&M and Topman.

ReputationRep:
    That is good and nice

ReputationRep:
    That bag looks fake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Max Hinks)
    Moving on from the brand.......... Personally I don't like the bag, the Jacket is Ok, but you can get nicer, cheaper, as good as quality from H&M and Topman.
    No sorry, that's a load of ****. Anything made in H&M or Topman is **** produced with awful quality control checks and dodgy material as well as not being as fashionable as people who buy from it tihnk it is.

ReputationRep:
    for me it looks ok on the picture, but not sure how it would look on you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    No sorry, that's a load of ****. Anything made in H&M or Topman is **** produced with awful quality control checks and dodgy material as well as not being as fashionable as people who buy from it tihnk it is.
    Come on, it's not that bad. You're making it sound as if it's going to fall apart within a few weeks. I've got some stuff from there which has lasted years. On the whole though, there is better stuff out there.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like the bag ... for a girl, and the jacket's a bit boring.

ReputationRep:
    Jacket - meh (too girly)
    Bag - hell no
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    jacket is ok... bit expensive
    bag is just a big no ;s

ReputationRep:
    The coat's nice enough, pricey, but that's your call. I don't really like the bag. If I saw it, I'd assume it was a cheap knock off.

ReputationRep:
    Funny then that both stores are becoming world renowned, an individual store probably take 10x that of Jack Wills on a Saturday because of how popular it is, and to be frank about the "dodgy material" I own clothes from both places which have lasted for years, and I continue to buy from there quite happily.

And if you believe either of them items to be fashionable, then well.....

ReputationRep:
    Funny then that both stores are becoming world renowned, an individual store probably take 10x that of Jack Wills on a Saturday because of how popular it is, and to be frank about the "dodgy material" I own clothes from both places which have lasted for years, and I continue to buy from there quite happily.
    Are you honestly going to be wearing things you buy from H&M and Topman in a few years time? Let's be honest. In a few years (four, I guess, three for me and even less for others on this forum) you'll be an adult. H&M and Topman is kiddy fashion.

And yes, the lifespan of clothes is measured in years if you look after them. "A few years" is really nothing at all in terms of fabric duration (or dye duration, and if you're claiming that dye used in high street is equal quality to dye used in more upmarket stores, you're either lying or don't have any experience of the latter.)

And if you believe either of them items to be fashionable, then well.....
    I don't think they are particularly fashionable, or good, to be quite honest. I certainly wouldn't waste my money on either of the rubbish items suggested by the OP. I just love it when people say "You could get X for half the price at H&M." OTOH, OP wants to buy a jacket (which appears to be more like a coat, in actuality), which you do want to be durable, you do want to last for a long time (especially because it will have resale value), and you do want to be a really good investment.

ReputationRep:
    The coat is nice. I like it. The bag on the other hand looks awful, but I suppose that's just a style thing.

Let's be fair, the same applies - albeit in a lesser way - to JW. Some young 'uns seem to treat it as a designer label. It simply isn't.

Funny then that both stores are becoming world renowned, an individual store probably take 10x that of Jack Wills on a Saturday because of how popular it is
    Are you seriously suggesting that something being popular makes it good?

ReputationRep:
    Are you honestly going to be wearing things you buy from H&M and Topman in a few years time? Let's be honest. In a few years (four, I guess, three for me and even less for others on this forum) you'll be an adult. H&M and Topman is kiddy fashion.
    Well, to be fair I am in agreement with most of what you say, the exception being the above. I work in H&M, and constantly on a Saturday, there are men who come in from the ages of 14 (boys rather) right into their 60's. Ok and so perhaps some of the older people do look a little strange, but right up into their 30's the blokes look fine in that. Topman however is younger fashion and yeah 30+ you'll look a tad strange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    The coat is nice. I like it. The bag on the other hand looks awful, but I suppose that's just a style thing.

Let's be fair, the same applies - albeit in a lesser way - to JW. Some young 'uns seem to treat it as a designer label. It simply isn't.
    I guess so (and JW seems to be getting worse every time they release a new catalogue) but it's still better than H&M or Topman.

Well, to be fair I am in agreement with most of what you say, the exception being the above. I work in H&M, and constantly on a Saturday, there are men who come in from the ages of 14 (boys rather) right into their 60's. Ok and so perhaps some of the older people do look a little strange, but right up into their 30's the blokes look fine in that. Topman however is younger fashion and yeah 30+ you'll look a tad strange.
    Don't you think it's actually bad if a fashion shop can tend to people with a 40 year age difference, though? (It's also possible that they were buying for their kids.) I see people that old in every clothes shop. It doesn't mean that they're going to buy & wear what's there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)

Are you seriously suggesting that something being popular makes it good?
    No, but the Majority wear something, then it can't not be called Fashionable, that was my point. And say if the Majority of people are wearing item "X" from H&M, the minority can hardly say it isn't fashionable.

ReputationRep:
    The coat is nice even though it is Jack Wills. The bag on the otherhand is vile, it has patches that make it look like a football. Also every Tom, **** and Harry has an LV bag so it hardly makes you exclusive getting one.

ReputationRep:
    No, but the Majority wear something, then it can't not be called Fashionable, that was my point. And say if the Majority of people are wearing item "X" from H&M, the minority can hardly say it isn't fashionable.
    Do you think so? Who defines fashion in your opinion? Popular opinion or the fashion industry? Are fashion designers like Ralph Lauren, Louis Vuitton, etc not in touch with fashion because the majority of people don't wear their clothes?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.