Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Dilemma :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you're 19 (if the age on your profile is correct) not 9. Talk to your parents and make them see that you're an adult and you're allowed to date/have a boyfriend, explain that you really like each other and they have nothing to worry about etc.

Don't break it off, unless you want to make your parents think it's okay for them to rule your entire life for as long as they see fit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Wow, you're 19 (if the age on your profile is correct) not 9. Talk to your parents and make them see that you're an adult and you're allowed to date/have a boyfriend, explain that you really like each other and they have nothing to worry about etc.

Don't break it off, unless you want to make your parents think it's okay for them to rule your entire life for as long as they see fit.
    *18 :cool:

...so yeah, I'm officially an adult.
    But... I wouldn't want their disapproval, constantly. It would really get to me if they kept a grudge against me... which they probably would do... hmmph.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by future-dentist)
    *18 :cool:

...so yeah, I'm officially an adult.
    But... I wouldn't want their disapproval, constantly. It would really get to me if they kept a grudge against me... which they probably would do... hmmph.
    Just wondering, do you come from a really religious family? Why are they so dead against you being with someone?

ReputationRep:

I agree with this. Whos running your life ?? You or your parents ?? Move out if you live with them. Its not difficult. Ask anyone, time goes quick the older you get. Dont get stuck in a place you dont wanna be.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, do you come from a really religious family? Why are they so dead against you being with someone?
    Yeah, pretty religious I would never take things really fast or anything... but if I mention that to my parents, they'd say "he's an 18year old boy... enough said." but I know myself... I'm not a 'fling' kinda girl. If he was too fast, I know my place...
    But my parents would never understand..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manpie)
    I agree with this. Whos running your life ?? You or your parents ?? Move out if you live with them. Its not difficult. Ask anyone, time goes quick the older you get. Dont get stuck in a place you dont wanna be.
    Is it worth it, though? I mean... they would never treat me the same way again. Honestly. They wouldn't get over it. I've never been a "rebelling" kinda girl, so they'd be so disappointed. ...but I reeeallyy like this guy and I feel it would be such a waste if I let it go..

ReputationRep:
    Tell your parents to **** off.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.